View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 11:07 AM

Default Favourite Restuarants - Longterm and Newer

I posted this on the tipping thread but thought it would make a real good list for finding new places to try that have been vetted by AO members.

There are some restaurants with GREAT food, there are other restaurants with good to great service. There are damn few with both. I like to try new restaurants because we like to eat out, and we are always looking to diversify the list of places we can go to regularly. However, out of every 20 we try maybe one gets added to the list, and food quality is the key determining factor. There are certain restaurants that we go to for one or two specific dishes they serve. A couple of good dishes does not mean all their food is great. there are also a fair number that have dropped off after being on the list for a period of time. Gong into a random restaurant and expecting a great experience overall just isn't the way it usually works out.

Tony's Pizza - been eating there for 50 years
Oriental Phoenix - Calgary - 25 years
Rea's Calgary - 25 years
Ceasar's Steak House Calgary - 40 years
Mountain Steak and Pizaa - Edson 35 years. The one in Whitecourt is pretty good too.

New Additions

Little Bee - Edmonton - 8 years
Out Of Bounds Restaurant - 3 years
Dim Sum Delight - Edmonton 10 years
Memphis Blues - 127 St - great Brisket and smoked wings 7 years
Royal Pizza - 127 st 160 Ave - 8 months
Basha Donair and Sharwma _St Albert by Costco - 2 months
Nello's St Albert 5 years
Atlantic Kitchen St Albert 3 years.

This isn't all of them but I cannot tell you how many places we tried in the meantime. Love to see everyone else's list like this, make finding new places way easier.