View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Since I joined AO 10 years ago I have come to think of this community as extended family. I have met many good people and have learned so much. I have always appreciated being a member and have offered support where I could but have received so much more.

At 54 I have had many challenges and have always battled through and have been able to be on the winning side. I take pride in that! This time I won't win but want to make the best of my situation. I am now at Uof A hospital and the body pains I have been suffering with since October have finally been diagnosed as terminal stage 4 cancer. It is nothing I could have ever been prepared for. Since the start of my pain I have been to many Doctors and I have been told I had bruised ribs, a hernia, need hip replacement, and a gamut of other possible scenarios. On Thursday I had a CT and the diagnosis was complete.
Although I am scared and really not accepting or can understand the situation I find myself in my thoughts are with my son, my wife, and my family.& friends. Like I said I consider AO an extended family so I want to share.
My hope with this thread is that I want everyone to learn though my post and the following comments just how special and valuable our time here is so make the most of it and to take the time to appreciate this gift. Tell your family you love them and hug your children. Be there for them and they will be there for you!
I am getting lots of support from my family, my friends have all come forward with overwhelming love. My final journey has begun...
Thanks AO. Godspeed....
Pains me to hear this teledogs, really don't have words- my thoughts are only for the best for you and your family in this.

Creeky....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology