Thread: Perch Methods?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 AM
jrs

Default Re: Nils

We ended up heading out to beaver mines (guesse perch will be next weekend if we can arrange it). The lakes fishing great. Just had the one youngian out as the other had to go to hockey but she had many rainbows up to the hole but ended up landing very few (helped out on a few as she was getting a bit flustered) Had three of us fishing and managed to catch seven keepers (between 13-15''). Better size than we've ever caught, not as many bites so it wasn't as exciting as it used to be for a younger fisher. Still had enough for a nice supper and you could not have beat the weather. We ended up catching about 20 over 5 hours of angling (between hot chocolates and various venison snacks). All were over 10'' which is very different. Road was getting sketchy towards evening and we barely got through the ice with my jiffy. Oh, also got to show her what a bull trout looks like as buddy got about a 16'' up the hole, nice healthy fish, lots of guys ran over to see it just as we let him go, no worse for the wear. First one i've seen landed ice fishing out there.

Thanks for the perch tips, we'll be making a trip to wholesale before the next adventure and will hopefully have up to three kids under 12 coming next time. Need to get more kids into it so i'm giving it a good effort.

Sorry, no pics for at least a bit, my camera's in the states being repaired (minolta shut down in Canada or something) and buddy was worried about the snow damaging his after the fish started biting (his excuse anyway) I may just go buy another, it may be months before my other one returns and i really like taking pics, especially when we're catching nice trout and what not.