View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 PM

Dave. Try "Strelok" ballistic app for your Burris. It really is a good app. You can even use it to confirm what Zeiss says on the Zeiss website for your rapid z. The zeiss website will ask you if you want to optomize the reticle. If you select this it will tell you what magnification is the optimum in order to maintain the parameters of the hash marks.........200/300/400/500/600.

Quote:
I can't afford to shoot several rds at each magnification from 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600 yds just to see what the optimum magnification is. I think that it would be better to understand the bdc recticle prior to practicing long range shooting so all that I have to do is confirm what the experts tell me (ie. the Zeiss data).
You are always going to use the highest mag at those distances right? The zeiss calculator will tell you what the optimum power is. It might not be the higest power but it will be the highest power that will deliver the closest results to the corresponding hash mark numbers. The Strelok app assumes you are always using the highest power.

Last edited by CNP; 10-20-2012 at 11:09 PM.