View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
“....doesn’t scare big game....”

When a whitetail can hear a twig break at 200 yards, some of you guys think they won’t hear a compound bow, pellet gun, or subsonic 22??? Yeah there will be occasional exceptions but as a rule, this is foolish. Same mentality from guys who say “deer hear oil-worker quads all the time, I’ll drive around on my quad and shoot a deer”

If you want to hunt big game, leave the chickens alone.
Agree with you somewhat....biggest bull elk I shot was 20 min after running a chain saw to clear a trail. Ten minutes of cutting to open the trail and I shot the bull 200 yds further down the trail 20 minutes after turning off the chain saw.
I shot a 4x4 WT within 20 ft of my running truck sitting on the edge of a field. I pulled into the field thinking I'd sit till dark watching to see if deer were feeding on an adjacent field. Ten minutes later while my truck was still running a 4x4 buck came out of the Bush and walked/ grazed 20 ft out in front of the truck. It was on the drivers side so I left it running and crawled out the passenger door and unter the truck and shot the buck. He was a good heavy 4x4... sometimes critters just don't seem to care about some things..
I have had deer watch me target shoot standing down range and stayed there watching for a few shots then wandering off.. I agree though if I'm big game hunting I don't bother with anything else.