View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 08:27 PM

Not sure when the last time you were in Sayulita, but BOY has it changed (and not for the better). It's gotten SUPER busy and developed over the last couple of years! The unfortunate thing is, is they still release raw sewage into the bay

We once went with Captain Pablo's (and once was enough - but my wife and I were fly fishing, so it might have been a very different experience)... Worse than them was Jose (I think it's "Sayulita Jose", again this was fly fishing... and it was at least 10 years ago, he was brutal, like really bad - guarantees you will catch fish and so he would cast out a spinning line hook a fish and then give it to you to reel in and there was your "guaranteed" fish!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownpaul View Post
The going rate seems to have been $400 US for a half day on a panga boat. Last time I went out was this past January in Huatulco, and that’s what we paid. CoVid inflation might have changed things though.

We have fished with Captain Pablo’s out of Sayulita 3 times now and always had a great time. We were doing the half day for $400 US and easily catching 40-50 fish between myself and the wife. They have some great spots that only they seem to fish. Sayulita is a nice little “hip” town and an easy day trip from PV.

We like to focus on filling the cooler with good eating fish like mackerel and snapper first and then troll for Mahi Mahi with whatever time we have left. If you just want to catch something for dinner, you can catch dozens, if you focus on big game fish you are taking your chances. December isn’t a great time for sport fishing but it’s when we vacation in Mexico so we deal with it.

We generally get a condo in Mexico so we go fishing early in the trip and freeze the fish so we can eat it over the course of our trip. We always give the housekeepers or landscapers a couple fish to take home for dinner as well, they always seem really appreciative.

-Confucius