View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 02:30 PM

It’s been 4 years since we’ve been to Sayulita and I’ve heard much the same as what you’ve said. Changed for the worse, prices have gone up on everything, not worth staying there anymore. Still a nice day trip from PV but no longer a destination to spend a couple weeks at. The raw sewage in the bay always grossed us out, every year it was “ just about fixed” lol. Captain Pablo’s has been good to us, we always got the same captain Hector and he is fantastic. He’s got a little Mahi Mahi honey hole where he sunk a bunch of old palapas off the beach to the bottom of the ocean and made a little sardine sanctuary. The Mahi come by and feast on the sardines regularly and we’ve gotten hooked up there a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
Not sure when the last time you were in Sayulita, but BOY has it changed (and not for the better). It's gotten SUPER busy and developed over the last couple of years! The unfortunate thing is, is they still release raw sewage into the bay

We once went with Captain Pablo's (and once was enough - but my wife and I were fly fishing, so it might have been a very different experience)... Worse than them was Jose (I think it's "Sayulita Jose", again this was fly fishing... and it was at least 10 years ago, he was brutal, like really bad - guarantees you will catch fish and so he would cast out a spinning line hook a fish and then give it to you to reel in and there was your "guaranteed" fish!!!!