View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
Hey all, I'm planning on doing some evening fishing tonight or perhaps tomorrow depending on the weather. if anyone wanted to meet up I would be totally down to share one of my most secret fishing holes!

I live on the southside but can travel anywhere in the city to meet up. I don't drive myself.

The general area I plan on fishing is kind of close to the University of Alberta (that would be the best meeting spot IMO) and there is a little bit of a climb involved. Nothing major just need to scramble down a bit of a steep hill.

I have caught multiple 20-24" walleye in this area as well as a tank of a pike last weekend that was probably pushing 35". I have pictures on my phone I'm willing to share, haven't quite figured out how to post them here but I can show you when we meet in case you need evidence!

I have mainly been bottom bouncing jigs along the rocks around this spot, so I haven't tried bait here yet. If you do come, we should definitely grab some worms as I have seen Goldeye feeding off the surface in the slack water near this spot.

I plan on staying until after dark. Was probably thinking about leaving the house around 6 to catch the evening bite before darkness hits.

Shoot me a PM or comment on this thread if you're interested!

I have to go back to work now but I will check this thread / my inbox later tonight as I pack up my gear.

Cheers!

PS: I'm re-posting this here as someone directed me towards this sticky thread. I am apparently blind because I totally missed it on my way to posting this before as a new thread. I apologize to the admins!

Let me know when you heading out, I have a boat and do some shore fishing as well. Will be heading out of town a bunch in August, but should free to go during the times I' in town. PM me and we can stay in touch.