Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2024, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Well, I am going to have to eat some of my previous “assessment”, even though they are valid, lol. Like a real “analyst”! Haha.

Skinner!!! And D! Good on them.

The talking guy said 10 shots on goal is the League’s record for the lowest shots on goal in a winning clinching game. Robertson had almost as many (9) alone, lol. But it is the goals that count and goaltending makes a huge difference, of course.

Something Twisted Canuck said a couple of times in regard to the Florida - New York series that comes to mind.

Well, here comes Florida! Good luck to Oil, they are going to need it. Hopefully Skinner keeps it up, however unlikely. He came through big time, as big as it gets!
I have been critical of Skinner and gladly eat crow to see him win this one for his team. I hope both he and the Oiler's keep it up and would love to see them hoist the Stanley Cup. I thought Dallas would dominate the Oiler's which shows the games are played on the ice and not on paper. Good luck to them in the finals. Will be fun to watch,
Old 06-03-2024, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I have been critical of Skinner and gladly eat crow to see him win this one for his team. I hope both he and the Oiler's keep it up and would love to see them hoist the Stanley Cup. I thought Dallas would dominate the Oiler's which shows the games are played on the ice and not on paper. Good luck to them in the finals. Will be fun to watch,
Indeed. Skinner had the game of his career today, without a doubt. Let’s hope there are more coming in the next 2-3 weeks.
Old 06-03-2024, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Well, 10 SOG, doubt it was a tough game!

And, unless losing is harder than winning, I was right!
Die hard flamers fans are delusional at the best of times and now your starting to sound like trump, I'm right even when I'm dead wrong. That's OK nobody expects you to admit you were wrong or that the Oilers are the best team in the west this year, in fact we would be shocked if you did.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:09 AM

Looks like a 30 year old snuck in amongst the 18 year olds.
Old 06-04-2024, 12:50 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Die hard flamers fans are delusional at the best of times and now your starting to sound like trump, I'm right even when I'm dead wrong. That's OK nobody expects you to admit you were wrong or that the Oilers are the best team in the west this year, in fact we would be shocked if you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...