Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Banned

Default Transcanada cancels energy east

Energy East canceled. Just heard on CHED. Wow
Old 10-05-2017, 07:45 AM

Those retired Liberals can't have anything cutting into there shipping foreign oil business.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:48 AM

It's difficult to comprehend how utterly incompetent our federal government is, it's as though they are intentionally committing economic suicide on the nations behalf.

I bet if one added up the suicides committed by people who have lost hope after having been financially devastated due to Liberal policies collapsing their livelihoods it would exceed the body count of the Las Vagas massacre. The Liberals will go to bat for Bombardier until the cows come home yet they intentionally ignore and sabotage projects that will bring far greater prosperity and economic security to the nation than a handful of aircraft. A pipeline would pump the equivalent dollar value of many aircraft on a daily basis every single day, on weekends and on holidays too and it would keep that money working in our own nation rather than sending it away to foreign lands. Under no circumstances could Bombardier production ever hope to equate to those dollars.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:14 AM

And the politicians in Montreal are celebrating. Sickening that they don't mind accepting this "dirty" money in transfer payments....

SOMEONE SHUT THAT VALVE OFF!!
Old 10-05-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
It's difficult to comprehend how utterly incompetent our federal government is, it's as though they are intentionally committing economic suicide on the nations behalf.

I bet if one added up the suicides committed by people who have lost hope after having been financially devastated due to Liberal policies collapsing their livelihoods it would exceed the body count of the Las Vagas massacre. The Liberals will go to bat for Bombardier until the cows come home yet they intentionally ignore and sabotage projects that will bring far greater prosperity and economic security to the nation than a handful of aircraft. A pipeline would pump the equivalent dollar value of many aircraft on a daily basis every single day, on weekends and on holidays too and it would keep that money working in our own nation rather than sending it away to foreign lands. Under no circumstances could Bombardier production ever hope to equate to those dollars.
X1. Utterly disgusting.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Banned

Montreals mayor is celebrating.......

I wish we could shut down the money pipeline running to that place.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Gone Hunting

But....But the carbon tax was supposed to buy us social license??..we were no longer going to be the "embarrassing" cousin???.Thanks to everyone who voted for this provincial Gov't., they are REALLY going to bat for Alberta , I hope you are all happy with your hissy fit vote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Montreals mayor is celebrating.......

I wish we could shut down the money pipeline running to that place.
Jinx!

How to divide a nation 101.....
Old 10-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Banned

Default It's not difficult for me !

To understand this govt . Every time a Quebecer is in charge
the country goes in the dumpster . You are not going tell me
A sane rational political party will want to clean up this train
wreck , not likely . That's why the Tories have scheer at the
helm ...I'm starting to think giving the Indians part of the
country back is a great idea . Give them the east.
Tomorrow . It won't cause the west any hardship , they dont
own any land , or have jobs to leave . It's not like they will make
a big dent in the socio economic state of the prairies.
Just an idea !
Old 10-05-2017, 08:32 AM

Now our "Representatives" should be campaigning hard against Bombardier and the feds lifting a finger to go to bat for them.

The ONLY politician who has done a thing to help this province? Donald Trump. Sad I have to say that.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
The Liberals will go to bat for Bombardier until the cows come home yet they intentionally ignore and sabotage projects that will bring far greater prosperity and economic security to the nation than a handful of aircraft.
Not just the Liberals, they've been getting corporate welfare for literally 50 years now. Trudeau is just the latest sucker to believe that Canada somehow needs Bombardier.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:41 AM

I guess it is more important that everyone can smoke drugs legally than add jobs to the economy.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Banned

Montreal only loves their crap spewing pipeline.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:

This - All. Day. Long.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 AM

I hope that fat moron Coderre chokes on a Smoked Meat Sandwich.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Montreal only loves their crap spewing pipeline.
yeah its funny the way Denis Coderre has no problem dumping all kinds of raw sewage into the water but when it comes to a pipeline" Oh no that's too dirty" and I think he actually said that it doesn't have enough benefit for montreal.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:31 AM

OK - let's do the same with transfer payments going to eastern Canada. They haven't been able to gain control of the oil/gas sectors (not for want of trying) so it seems they will be content to live off the profits of oil/gas generated in the West. Enough, already.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:39 AM

Do I have to start boycotting poutine now?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
Do I have to start boycotting poutine now?
You mean freedom fries?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:03 AM

Craig Oliver had a pretty good rant on this morning and I was surprised at some of the comments. He highlighted that 90% of our oil has to go thru the US at a reduced price. He said Trudeau is approving the pipelines in Canada, but the new approval process to get shovels in the ground has made it virtually impossible to happen, so guess who , on the news tonite will be defending that he approved the pipeline. but he has no control over TCPL to withdraw from the project, terrible. Hard to believe a mayor who is good friends with our PM can single handedly take the economy down. Also highlited that it will be a miracle if the pipeline to Vancouver ever happens as well, if Coderre can stop energy east, I'm sure the new NDP BC govt is jumping for joy right now. Alberta and SASK are in big trouble with this govt., he's completing the legacy that his dope smoking old man started.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:03 AM

I'm just going to say.. I agree with everyone on this subject! It's just that kinda day for me.. Going golfin at 1:30 even though the fairways are a bit of a challenge, darn snow I think it blew in from Quebec a night or two ago!!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 10-05-2017, 10:09 AM

The future is in rail boys! There's a reason Buffett spent all that money on rail a few years ago!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
Craig Oliver had a pretty good rant on this morning and I was surprised at some of the comments. He highlighted that 90% of our oil has to go thru the US at a reduced price. He said Trudeau is approving the pipelines in Canada, but the new approval process to get shovels in the ground has made it virtually impossible to happen, so guess who , on the news tonite will be defending that he approved the pipeline. but he has no control over TCPL to withdraw from the project, terrible. Hard to believe a mayor who is good friends with our PM can single handedly take the economy down. Also highlited that it will be a miracle if the pipeline to Vancouver ever happens as well, if Coderre can stop energy east, I'm sure the new NDP BC govt is jumping for joy right now. Alberta and SASK are in big trouble with this govt., he's completing the legacy that his dope smoking old man started.
More pipelines wouldn't hurt but the reality is that most of the oilsands production is not discounted due to pipeline constraints leading to limited markets and lack of competition. Heavy oil is more costly to refine thus it must be purchased at a discount for refiners to make money no matter where in the world. Nobody globally is clamoring to buy bitumen at premium prices nor is there desperation for oil at any level. So new pipelines aren't likely to make a whole lot of difference. Not as much as some are making out anyways.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:13 PM

The current two pipelines being built/upgraded isn't enough. NEB is a disgrace to Canada on pipelines. I'm only on board with a progressive carbon tax until I see no progress. I'm not seeing enough progress. We work too motherlovin' hard to get approval to get an arse dragging response out of the NEB.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil1010 View Post
I guess it is more important that everyone can smoke drugs legally than add jobs to the economy.
Not to go against the folks in this decision, but legalizing weed is going to produce a LOT of jobs (legitimate ones).

Carry on.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Gone Hunting

So where does the money go when Canada buys oil from Saudi et al? and where does it go when Canada buys western oil? Whose economy is anemic?

Math is hard.
No cure for stupid.
Kids had a pet rabbit named "Socks"
Man it was dumb.

Enjoy the decline.

No one needs an automatic transmission to hunt deer.

If I ask "what's next" is that stirring the pot?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 10-05-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
More pipelines wouldn't hurt but the reality is that most of the oilsands production is not discounted due to pipeline constraints leading to limited markets and lack of competition. Heavy oil is more costly to refine thus it must be purchased at a discount for refiners to make money no matter where in the world. Nobody globally is clamoring to buy bitumen at premium prices nor is there desperation for oil at any level. So new pipelines aren't likely to make a whole lot of difference. Not as much as some are making out anyways.
I'm no expert on the numbers/benefits of these pipelines, but i hope you are right, if not fort mac will become a ghost town in the not too distant future
Old 10-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

You guys on here are easy to lead into blame and fury.

Oilsands production is projected to be 2 million barrels per day less than what industry was saying just a few years ago - there is no product to put in this pipeline. The crazy growth projections on the oilsands are never coming back.

Energy East was hastily conceived when Obama turned down Keystone XL - which is now back on.

There is no business case for a pipeline with no oil customers who want to fill it.

Blame Trudeau/Notley/Environmentalists/Quebecers all you like, but Albertans are not paying attention to the shifts that are underway.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:44 PM

Hmmm, let see- Turdo blocks the pipeline, Turdo buys Saudi's oil, Turdo buys oil from the Middle East, Venesuella, Turdo then spent a holidays at a private island owned by the you know who.... FOLLOW THE MONEY!!! Our liberals are bought by the middle eastern oil countries!
Old 10-05-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighorn River View Post
You guys on here are easy to lead into blame and fury.

Oilsands production is projected to be 2 million barrels per day less than what industry was saying just a few years ago - there is no product to put in this pipeline. The crazy growth projections on the oilsands are never coming back.

Energy East was hastily conceived when Obama turned down Keystone XL - which is now back on.

There is no business case for a pipeline with no oil customers who want to fill it.

Blame Trudeau/Notley/Environmentalists/Quebecers all you like, but Albertans are not paying attention to the shifts that are underway.
The facts don't support your opinion. I know, some think oil companies want to spend money on pipelines that aren't needed.

http://www.worldoil.com/news/2017/6/...s-to-2030-capp

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/glob...ts-supply.html