Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2015, 10:02 PM

Default Best Chevy Dealership - Edmonton Area

Looking at buying a new truck, saw one that caught my eye online and went in to the dealership. When I got there the truck was sold so I started looking at brand new ones.

Sticker price on brand new truck was $43xxx. They made a financing offer (at 0% interest) which worked out to me paying $70xxx. I called them out on it and they seemed offended by it so I walked up to leave. Salesman chased after me apologizing, so I gave him a second chance (as he was good to me - finance manager was not). I said to call me when he had a deal that made sense. He called me and same thing. Sticker price of $47xxx that worked out to me paying $60xxx.

So now my question for you, what Chevy dealership would you recommend in the Edmonton area for new vehicle purchase? I don't mind a bit of a drive (hour-ish).
Old 08-11-2015, 10:13 PM

Competition Chev olds in Stony Plain is one if not the highest volume chev dealer in AB. Worth taking the drive
Old 08-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Banned

Default Anyone

Selling dodge?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopher10 View Post

Sticker price on brand new truck was $43xxx. They made a financing offer (at 0% interest) which worked out to me paying $70xxx. I called them out on it and they seemed offended by it so I walked up to leave. Salesman chased after me apologizing, so I gave him a second chance (as he was good to me - finance manager was not). I said to call me when he had a deal that made sense. He called me and same thing. Sticker price of $47xxx that worked out to me paying $60xxx.
I am confused! What the heck are they adding to increase the price that much? 43000 at 0% is still 43000.
GST on that amount is 2150. By law, that is the only amount they can add to the price of the truck.

Also, they can pass on the AMVIC levy fee to the customer. That amount is $6.25 and is in your own best interest to pay, but don't let them add GST to that amount.

Other than GST, the only fees that can be added on to the advertised price of a vehicle are for additional features and/or services the buyer agrees to. They must be accurately disclosed.

Examples of fees or charges may be included in the advertised price but cannot be added on to it:

Freight
PDI-PDE (pre-delivery inspection/expense)
Administration (Admin) fee(s)
Levy recoveries (AMVIC levy, air conditioning levy, etc.)
Pre-installed products and services (Nitrogen/tire protection package, Security or theft deterrent products/services such as etching, etc., fuel)
Other

Who pays the levy?

Businesses pay the levy to AMVIC.
Businesses can pass on the cost of the levy to their customers.
If a business passes the levy on a consumer, it should show the levy as a separate line item on a sale or lease agreement. Keep in mind, the levy cannot be added to the advertised price of a vehicle as per all-in pricing requirements.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:18 AM

Isn't it amazing how the advertised vehicle that draws you to the dealership always seems to have been sold!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterupnorth View Post
Isn't it amazing how the advertised vehicle that draws you to the dealership always seems to have been sold!!!
Sure is proof that advertising works...lol
Old 08-12-2015, 10:47 AM

I paid less for my loaded 15 with 5k of extras tax n financing n bs then the sticker price
There's a lot of room to move,,,
Go to 1 dealer, when a salesman approaches you and ask you if he can help you say
"Yes, you can show me to the sale Manger "
Go in there, tell him what truck , options etc,,
What's your best price ,,,,
When he gives it to you , tell him he better do a lot better
Then go to the next one , play them off on each other ,
Remember thees sales man arnt your friend

I do this for friends , Saves lots of cash $$$$

My naibor payed the same for the base model xlt with a couple options as I did for my full load Lariat sport FX4 with the 502a package
Old 08-12-2015, 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=I-Love-Eyes;2924927]

Also, they can pass on the AMVIC levy fee to the customer. That amount is $6.25 and is in your own best interest to pay, but don't let them add GST to that amount.

Amvic is nonsense, it does absolutely nothing to help a consumer, it is funded by the industry after making the consumer pay for it. It is also run by the industry and they are powerless to do anything of benefit for a consumer.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:42 PM

Wetaskiwin. Easiest to deal with and fave us a good value for our trade in. Blue book for trade in was 23500, best offer out of 5 dealers in the city was 19500. Adams gave us 23500. And decent people to deal with too.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:26 PM

My son buys his Denellis from SMYL Motors in Whitecourt

I drive Fords lol

Old 08-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Gone Hunting

The best Chevy dealer is the one who prefers to sell used Fords off of his lot than a new Chev!!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:48 AM

yep, you can only have so many used fords getting traded off on new chev trucks at the dealership. Gotta clear out the junk sometime.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Banned

I've always gotten really good service at....ummm....

Never mind.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:54 AM

No way should you be paying MSRP on a new pickup (ever), much less in this economy.

You should be getting at least $7K off MSRP and I'm seeing deals for $10K and more off of 1/2 ton pickups. If you're getting a 3/4 or 1 ton, the deals get even sweeter.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Competition Chev olds in Stony Plain is one if not the highest volume chev dealer in AB. Worth taking the drive
X2 bought my Tahoe and New 2500 Duramax throught them. Easy to deal with great service department too.
Lenard Knight is the guy to talk to.... no bs great deals always throws in stuff to sweeten the deal.
Tell him Mike gave you his name!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:36 PM

I would stay away from both the GM and Chev dealer in Sherwood Park. Had a horrible experience with them and will never go back. They're both owned by the same group. South Fort in Fort Saskatchewan is still family owned and might be worth a look if your on the East side.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:49 PM

I have always heard good things about Kallal motors in Tofield.

No personal experience with them though.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Slayer View Post
yep, you can only have so many used fords getting traded off on new chev trucks at the dealership. Gotta clear out the junk sometime.
Right now my kid would scream "Poned!!!!"

nicely played - I laughed out load.