Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-24-2010, 09:22 AM

Question has anyone fished Ross Lake & whitney Lake??

There are 2 lakes on the way to warwayne on your'e way to vermilion. I am just wondering if anyone has been to these lakes, Are they good for family weekend camping?. pics look great on Net.

thanks in advanced.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 PM

Default whitney lake park

Yea we go up all the time to ross lake, we live in Marwayne and make a lot of day trips up to Laurier to. Laurier is in between ross and whitney. Whitney lake is kind of ****ty, it has the itch lots and is too shallow for any kind of a boat, you can catch perch there though. Ross has great camp grounds and nice beaches but its a small lake as well. Laurier is the biggest lake in the park but its hard to get a site at. It also has the best fishing in the park if you know where to go, but its still not to great.
PM me if your planning to go and I could hook you up with some fishing info if you need. I would sugest camping at ross and plan on driving to fish, its a 10 min drive to Laurier
Old 05-24-2010, 10:51 PM

Ive fished both , pretty good fishing at Whitney lake , not many boaters , Ross lake was good fishing especially for some nice Pike if thats what your into , drive a little further you get to Moose lake which is great Walleye and Pike action . Lac la biche is good , Heart lake is good . Thats God country around there . But out of the two Id fish Ross , just because I like catching Big pike over smaller ones . Less fish but way better quality depends what you want my friend .
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 AM

I agree with fitzy. Laurie is def the lake to fish. Camping tho is very nice at the others. Keep in mind like BBJ said there are a lot of other lakes close to there to catch great fish. How far is meadow lake SK. from there? If your driving a long ways to get there might be better to go to meadow lake if its close. I might be wrong about how close tho. But it is very nice in that area.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:36 AM

Default RE:

Rite on guys. Thats for the helpful tips, I am just looking for nice camp spot, I don't mind traveling a little for fishing. I would love to catch pike or perch. Thak you for the helpful tips fella's.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:42 AM

Anyone know what the water level and boat launch is like at Ross Lake? We were there last year and the water level looked low. Was pretty weedy around the boat launch and was hard to launch the boat. This year with all the rain I was wondering if the water level is up?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:47 PM

We were up there a couple weeks ago and the water level was about the same as last year. I have noticed in the last week that a lot of the sloughs have way more water so I suppose its possible that its come up since we were there.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 AM

Thought I might wake this thread up any hard water reports????
Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritlabradors View Post
Here's a good tip do not fish Laurier Lake it is Dead...As for Ross not really sure its a pretty small lake and have not heard much about it lately..

Vegetarian-"native for lousy hunter"
Old 01-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritlabradors View Post
x2 Ya Really.........................
Old 01-20-2011, 03:37 PM

my friend pulled a 20+/-lb jack out of Long lake a yr ago. hardly fit through the hole.

if you go further north to the lakeland lakes (wolf,pinehaust,elinor) there is great fishing up there