Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
209x50cal

Default Semi-Auto Ban Headed for Defeat

Semi-Auto Ban Headed for Defeat
STATE LEGISLATION ROUNDUP . . . Efforts to ban semi-automatic firearms in Maryland appear to be headed for defeat once again, while anti-gunners continue to push for bans on 50-caliber rifles, guns that have never been used in crimes, in New Jersey and Illinois. Grassroots efforts, including a rally last week in Illinois, are showing positive results as lawmakers continue to debate a proposed semi-auto ban there. The gun-ban lobby in the Garden State is also pushing for mandatory Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to be incorporated into all handgun sales for post-sale tracking. In Maryland, there is legislation pending to tax ammunition and require "bullet serialization." And in California, a bill to mandate microstamping has been introduced again this year. Rest assured, NSSF is fighting these and other efforts by anti-gun legislators in state capitals across America.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Tucumseh

Ok, what's that got to do with us?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:56 PM
rugatika

Thanks for the post 209. Always good to know what is going on in the rest of the world. I'd hate to go through life being ignorant of the world around me and what people are doing in other parts of it (especially with our neighbours/neighbors to the south). Good to hear that they are starting to have some luck getting common sense laws.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Mike W

Default semi?

Man I dont get it some times all this gun law B.S!

Why start banning semi Auto weapons?
If there is a type of gun with no place that would be automatic weapons. There is no need to own one, they serve no purpose.

2 cents
Mike
Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
WCTHEMI

Default Re: semi?

Auto's may serve no real purpose, but it would be a blast to shoot one. As gun owners and sportsmen we need to stick together, the banning of one type of firearm or hunt makes it that much easier for them to take away another. And nobody wants that.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Tree Guy

When you think about it, it's kind of some very backwards theories. For example, lets, in order to try to reduce drinking and driving ban certain vehicals and put severe restrictions on others! God, I wouldn't vote liberal/democrat if even my mother ran for them! And I love my mother! Hi Mom!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:16 PM
sheep hunter

Good info 209. We may as well keep track of our neighbours to the south and what they are doing to be successful in fighting gun control. It sure saves us trying to reinvent the wheel up here.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Okotokian

Banning 50 cal? :lol

Oh yeah, lots of criminals lugging around THOSE babies... they better be in damn good shape to do it... concealment's a bit of a problem too. Maybe they mean muzzle loaders... love to see a criminal get into a shoot out with police using a muzzle loader
Old 03-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Rookie Recurve

Yeah, if someone wants to kill or injure someone else they will do it. Guns, knives, fist, bats, whatever! Stupid people putting on bandaids instead of getting to the root of the problem. Our society is in a state of degeneration. I am gonna do my best to raise my 3 boys with respect for thier fellow man and country. Hopefully living the outdoorsman type life keeps them on the right path. Good for the our neighbors to the south to protect thier rights. We as Canadians accept to much.