Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM

Default we are losing our freedom

On Monday Mexico will become the first state to include the image of the iris to the identities, a system that assures that the government will be one of the safest in the world.

The legal, technical and economic conditions now met to start in January 24 issue of these cards," said the press Felipe Samora, Judicial Affairs Officer of the Mexican Ministry of the Interior.

In the same, reliability will have identity cards that include the iris of the eye and will continue to exist and fingerprints will reach 99.9%.

The measure will be implemented progressively, with the first stage of the vouchers to 28 million minors, and is expected to last two years, while the total cost will reach 20 million.

The new identification card is on track despite the recommendations of the National Commission on Human Rights, which highlights the dangers there might be for guarantees of privacy in the recording.

Last edited by BrownBear416; 01-26-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:52 PM

Adaras, did you cut and paste this from a news source? Much of it makes no sense. There appear to be words and phrases missing.

I have a personal opinion that any tightening of security in Mexico can only be a good thing.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:45 PM

The iris ID (NEXUS) is a great system when you go in and out of the USA. Next time you are waiting in line at the customs line at the airport or in your car at a border crossing, look over at the short line where they are going through without delay..they are the ones who have iris ID's.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

These really are not things we should be wanting here. Big brother keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Adaras, did you cut and paste this from a news source? Much of it makes no sense. There appear to be words and phrases missing.

I have a personal opinion that any tightening of security in Mexico can only be a good thing.
yes i cut and aste it from news Oko cause i didnt wanted to write it in a free version with my gramar or spelling errors
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm not sure why this would be such a bad thing, they are making their identification harder to forge with this new system right? That should help protect from identity theft and such. Someone please enlighten me as to how this is so bad.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:59 AM

get use to it. all goverments are tighting control of their citizens in the name of security russia did it for years with internal passports.so they know that it works & with the tecknowlge today makes it fairly easy to keep track of every one with bank cards.when they quit using cash and you have to use a I.D. card with a eye scan for evey thing from purchising to licening the goverment agencys will be able to tell everthing abuot you & where you been. the U.N. strongly suggested that all goverments shuold have control of small arms with in there cuontry. then we got the gun regesrty now the U.N. suggesting one world currancy one world bank.look at the eruo dallar and how that is working. if you coltrol the money you control the goverments. Hitler had the same dream except he tryed to force it with a gun,the U.N. is doing it gradualy and making the majority of people to think that its a good thing & in there best intrest. I hope that I will be dead of old age long before this all comes to be but at the speed that this is happing I dout it.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 AM

On Monday Mexico will become the first state to include the image of the iris to the identities, a system that assures that the government will be one of the safest in the world.

yes the goverment will be safe from its own citizens, just as russian goverment is safe from there citizens. goverments only fear two things other cuontries and their own citizens.as mexico bordes the usa i dout that they fear any other cuontry as the USA & the UN would back mexico but would not openly inter fear in a civil war. that is the biggest safty issue that the mexican goverment faces.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
we are loosing our freedom

No kidding, what was your first clue?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:57 AM

I don't get these human rights organizations sometimes. As some earlier posters have said, what is the problem? If the security an d identity systems get better and harder to forge then is not the law abiding citizen better off? If we all had DNA on file would the law abiding have anything to worry about? Seems to me the criminals are always the ones the human rights orgs are worried about protecting. If there were a fool proof iris scaning ID card for airport security I would feel safer. WHy is it always made out to be the government is trying to gain more power. If my reading of the safety situation in Mexico is right then the government there really needs to do something to get a handle on the drug gangs and figuring out identities might be a step in the right direction.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Owlseye View Post
I don't get these human rights organizations sometimes. As some earlier posters have said, what is the problem? If the security an d identity systems get better and harder to forge then is not the law abiding citizen better off? If we all had DNA on file would the law abiding have anything to worry about? Seems to me the criminals are always the ones the human rights orgs are worried about protecting. If there were a fool proof iris scaning ID card for airport security I would feel safer. WHy is it always made out to be the government is trying to gain more power. If my reading of the safety situation in Mexico is right then the government there really needs to do something to get a handle on the drug gangs and figuring out identities might be a step in the right direction.
you may feel safer but you wuold not be any safer. its like gun control that was going to make us all safer from the criminal. all it does is give the goverment more contorl of the law abyeding people.Inteligent agentys aruonld the world can beat the iris scan.as for DNA on file all one would have to do is find a used tissue or peice of gum and drop at a crime siencen and guess who there going to go after 1st.you better have a good aliby. as for drug dealer in mexico the cops know who they are but there is so much curruption there that there protected by judges,police,ect: the goverment there needs a major house cleaning, non corruped police there are fighting an up hill battle.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaras View Post
....the recommendations of the National Commission on Human Rights, which highlights the dangers there might be for guarantees of privacy in the recording.
guarantees of privacy, we don't even have that here! Canadians walk all over the rights of other Canadians "because they can", with regards to privacy.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nait Hadya View Post
guarantees of privacy, we don't even have that here! Canadians walk all over the rights of other Canadians "because they can", with regards to privacy.
yes they most certainly do, but when the goverment does it is a voilation of our rights as cannadain citizens. and if you don't fight to keep your rights you will gradualy loose them.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
yes they most certainly do, but when the goverment does it is a voilation of our rights as cannadain citizens. and if you don't fight to keep your rights you will gradualy loose them.
you are right if we do accept those things it is like we put our signature to lose our freedom
Old 01-27-2011, 04:12 AM

the charter of rights and all the laws that were put into place at the time canada be came a independent cuontry were put there for a reason now the politions are changing them in the name of safty & sucrity and alot off people believe it. they should study the histroy of germany 1930 to 1940 and think about how they where led down the golden path by there politions but that could never happen in the free world. germany was unlucky.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Banned

the last thing big brother wants is an informed public capable of independant free thinking... its bad for business

remember ... when saying this stuff... you cannot teach open mindedness to those who arent willing ...and those who think inside the box will always do so... because theyve been dumbed down and trained to do so since birth... nothing is ever as it seems... NOW GO GET YOUR MICROCHIP AND YOUR FLU SHOT!!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 AM

Read.. Revelation's... pretty sure it is talked about in there!!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Owlseye View Post

Ok, This scan-able ID will take the place of our current Id.

"Our records show you purchased 5 cases of SKS. ammo last month, Why?"

"Our records show you have purchased 2 200 gallon water tanks, What is it you are preparing for? "

" Our records show you purchased a large amount of alcohol over the past year, Do you need help with abuse?"

And it goes on and on.

People talk alot about sacrifices our ancestors made for our freedom. How free are we when the government knows everything we have done/purchased in the past x amount of years just by hitting a few keys on the keyboard?

No point in getting rid of the gun registry if you are a fan of these Ids. Every gun you purchase will be in the system with a scan of your "New great" Id card.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Gone Hunting

I used to travel a lot, and still do though not as much. If we and the Americans weren't such a bunch of wimps, they would utilize the security procedures the Israelis do...yes, it does include racial profiling....so what???.. they are also highly trained to detect facial features, inflections etc... seems like a lot better thing thing than someone, who yesterday was greeter at Wal-Mart, now quizzing me why I am going to the states and what am I doing there???...this whole BS is over security concerns...and they are doing NOTHING to make it safer...nothing!!!!.... ID cards, take your shoes off?...grab your junk???....it's all BS.... please get rid of the political correctness BS and deal with the problem, privacy concerns and more restrictions on people that are going away on a holiday do not cut it!!!
There ...now I feel better!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

we arent loosing our freedoms and rights... they are already lost...we now have only privilages... i hope that everyone who registered all of their rifles also buried one in the back yard... just in case.... im glad to see that there are people who wont be victims to the governments onslaught... one world government here we come
Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1202 View Post
i hope that everyone who registered all of their rifles also buried one in the back yard... just in case.... im glad to see that there are people who wont be victims to the governments onslaught... one world government here we come
Are you trying to say the government might target right wing conservative gun owners? Lol No way jose!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

no they will target every gun owner... not just right wing gun owners... its a compilation list of who owns what... simply put.... our government lied to us... they knew in no way could a registration of firearms make anyone any safer... they knew that from square one... this was a false flag attack on our personal freedoms... they said that the gun registry would make canadians safer... not the case... they just wanted an up to date account of wich farmer owns how many rifles... and how much ammunition for each rifle...
Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
no they will target every gun owner... not just right wing gun owners... its a compilation list of who owns what... simply put.... our government lied to us... they knew in no way could a registration of firearms make anyone any safer... they knew that from square one... this was a false flag attack on our personal freedoms... they said that the gun registry would make canadians safer... not the case... they just wanted an up to date account of wich farmer owns how many rifles... and how much ammunition for each rifle...
I was being sarcastic my friend. I know what the score is. Trust me/
Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTW View Post
I was being sarcastic my friend. I know what the score is. Trust me/
lol i know u do!!! when it all goes down u are welcome at my never to be known home!!... you and your family
Old 01-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
lol i know u do!!!
\hhmmmm....okayyy??... been fun guys, bye
Old 01-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
the charter of rights and all the laws that were put into place at the time canada be came a independent cuontry were put there for a reason now the politions are changing them in the name of safty & sucrity and alot off people believe it. they should study the histroy of germany 1930 to 1940 and think about how they where led down the golden path by there politions but that could never happen in the free world. germany was unlucky.
the charter of rights also says that no canadian shall pay income tax on a federal level... that only the province can mandate and levy such a tax... its right there in the charter and bill of rights... does this mean that the federal government illegally charges us on every one of our paychecks an illegal tax???? smth worth looking into id say
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

I would look at sections 91 and 92 of the criminal code that says one may not own a firearm in Canada.....unless the federal minister of justice says so.
You have to own a PAL which the justice minister can take away at his pleasure

It seems the Harper government is in agreement with the former liberals on gun registration.

The liberals put a lot of gun laws through order in counsel. The conservatives should be able to get rid of these laws through order in counsel, yet the conservatives do not even attempt to get rid of these laws.

The conservatives use the minority government issue as an excuse to not rescind these orders in counsel.

I think the conservatives support the confiscation program the Liberals set up
Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I would look at sections 91 and 92 of the criminal code that says one may not own a firearm in Canada.....unless the federal minister of justice says so.
You have to own a PAL which the justice minister can take away at his pleasure

It seems the Harper government is in agreement with the former liberals on gun registration.

The liberals put a lot of gun laws through order in counsel. The conservatives should be able to get rid of these laws through order in counsel, yet the conservatives do not even attempt to get rid of these laws.

The conservatives use the minority government issue as an excuse to not rescind these orders in counsel.

I think the conservatives support the confiscation program the Liberals set up
you are a smart man... it doesnt matter who you vote for in an election... our elected officials especially higher ranking all work for the same people... its the banks and owners of the banks who run our country... democracy is capitalism any way you look at it... many will disagree but it doesnt matter if liberals or conservatives are in office... they are all paid for and funded by the same corporations and banks
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Default Where do these consparacies come from?

"It seems the Harper government is in agreement with the former liberals on gun registration.

I think the conservatives support the confiscation program the Liberals set up[/QUOTE]"

The above is an interesting take on goverment and if that is truly the attitude I can see how people disagree with security measures and identity cards with greater secureity and harder to copy.

The Harper government seems committed to doing away with the registry and the Primisister himself in his 5 years speech said they will get rid of it if they can get a majority. As for just make an order in counsel - good for the Cons to do it through the real goverment processes and not short circuit the democratic process like the Libs did. Sure they may be milking it for the time being with the minority but did not every single Con vote to take it down the last time it came up a couple of months ago?

Do you really believe the government is separate then the population? Complete takeover and control like in some sort of Sci Fi movie is the goal?

Another poster above said the feds can't charge income tax legally and mentions the 'bill of rights' - is that poster confusing the Canadian constitution with some American ammendments to their constitution? I would like to see a direct quote form the Charter of Rights on that one.

Now don;t get me wrong, I think that dictatorships are evil and there are huge goverment bodys that do try to take away freedoms of citizens there to make sure the leader stays in power. I just don;t think that applies at all to the democracy's in Canada and the US. Democracy's want an educated public who can fend for themselves they just keep shooting themselfs in the foot with all the nany-state welfare programs and such.

Last edited by North of Owlseye; 01-28-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Don't know how the quote thing works.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Banned

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/Const/3...a:s_91-gb:s_92

http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/tax.htm

http://www.duhaime.org/LawMuseum/can...ncome-tax.aspx

Just some info on the taxation laws and an interesting article on the birth of Canada's income tax laws. Makes for some interesting reading. Basic argument being that direct taxation is a provincially exclusive right and cannot be transferred to the feds.

By the way...good luck convincing CRA to not bother collecting your income tax.

"If we run into such debts as that must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our callings and creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must labor sixteen hours in the twenty- four, and give the earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses;
And the sixteenth [hour of labor] being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they do now, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account; but be glad to obtain [be satisfied with] subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet [being goons for our oppressors by securing] their chains around the necks of our fellow sufferers;

And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for a second, that second for a third, and so on ‘til the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering… And the forehorse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train, wretchedness and oppression.”
~ Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by rugatika; 01-28-2011 at 09:56 AM.