Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Default Fly-in fishing in northern sask

Any lodges you folks can recommend. I would like to take my grandpa as a Christmas/ thank you gift. Pike and lake trout fishing.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
Any lodges you folks can recommend. I would like to take my grandpa as a Christmas/ thank you gift. Pike and lake trout fishing.
you say xmas, do you want to ice fish or go in the summer?
Old 11-20-2011, 05:20 PM

Summer
Old 11-20-2011, 05:26 PM

andrew lake will meet your needs.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 PM

just re read it, didnt realize you said sask.....
Old 11-20-2011, 05:40 PM

Are you looking for a DIY or all inclusive type of trip?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:09 PM

try NORTH OF SIXTY CAMPS they are just over bourder in n.w.t. worked there for years try FLEET LAKE has not been fished much since i left ,great pike and lakers .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old pictures#2 1305.jpg (107.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 11-20-2011, 11:02 PM

Cree lake, MacIntyre lake.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:03 PM

Reindeer Lake, by Arctic Lodges.

5500 islands, and a crater called "Deep Bay" which was formed after a huge meteorite slammed into the earth creating a huge crater, which then filled with water.

Lakers to 72, Pike over 30, Grayling, Ling, Walleye... You name it, they have it. Flights are direct fr Calgary or Winnipeg directly to the lodge. The owner has his own landing strip on a nearby island.

Last I checked, $2500 ish for 5 days: Fishing, food, flights to and from the lake, accommodations - basically everything included but booze and a tip for your guide. Lunches are shore lunch of the fish you caught, of your choice!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

REindeer is a great lake to fish, although you can drive to it if you want... How much mony are you looking to spend? Hatchet Lake Lodge, Cree Lake Lodge, Cree River Lodge, Scott Lake Lodge, Neultin Lake Lodge, all great places. Another one if your looking for more of a do-it yourself is through Slim's Cabins but chose Kamuchawie Lake, big big lake with huge pike and lakers, Ive fished the lake before when I worked for a lodge that has another outpost cabin on the lake in the northend.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:06 PM

After nailing my 160 Lb Striped Marlin in Cabo San Lucas this summer, the next on my fishing bucket list was a fly in trip. Four of us just booked into Reel North Outfitters on McTavish Lake for June. Check out there website. http://www.reelnorthoutfitters.com/ Did a lot of research and settled on them, as the lake has many long bays which would give us good wind breaks if needed. We aren't big fans of large wide open lakes. The camp holds a maximum of 12 people, 3 cabins with 4 per. and you are the only ones on the lake for your stay. My buddy's friend goes there twice a year and says the fishing is great for pike & trout. They supply all the meals also and were very reasonably priced. 20 minute flight from Missinipe, just north of La Ronge. 3 day pkge: $ 700.00 4 Day Pkge: $ 800.00 We are driving to La Ronge and staying in hotel for the first night. The Wife and I can't wait for this weekend to come soon enough. Good Luck and I am sure whatever you decide, your dad will love it.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Spent a week at Cheemo Lodge on Tazin Lake a few years ago - had a great time catching lake trout and pike.

http://www.cheemolodge.com/index.html

Sig
Old 11-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Default Nice Poisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
try NORTH OF SIXTY CAMPS they are just over bourder in n.w.t. worked there for years try FLEET LAKE has not been fished much since i left ,great pike and lakers .
Sweet catch.....nothing like fighting a big snot rocket on a fly rod.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:41 PM
sheephunter

Indianhead Camp on lake Athabasca...it's in Saskatchewan but you fly out of Ft Mac. Lost count of how many 20+ pound lakers we took on last trip and lots of huge pike.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Spent a week at Cheemo Lodge on Tazin Lake a few years ago - had a great time catching lake trout and pike.

http://www.cheemolodge.com/index.html

Sig
How big were the lakers and pike when you went? I know one of the owners pretty well and am trying to set aside some time to go up there one of these years. Very pretty country up there.