Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Default Side console boats

I'm wondering if anyone has much experience with side console boats....I have only ever talked to one person and he said the one he owned sat on an angle in the water when it was him alone. Not just a little angle either pretty significant and I'll take his word for it as he's my brother. Thats said this was yrs ago. Does this still happen or was this maybe just his boat??? Any info is appreiciated. Reason for asking is I'm seriously considering a new boat for myself.....I deserve it...lol. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 PM

Smile

If you put 200 pounds(person) on one side of the boat you will get some listing to starboard. Keep tackle on the other side to counter balance.

As a tournament partner I dont like a side console (not partner friendly). As a tournament partner and owner of a side console they are great, even more so in smaller versions where space is lacking. Plus no large windshields to catch the wind.

(by not partner friendly I mean its wet and windy for the partner)