Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2022, 08:53 PM

Default Global warming

Ah yes, let’s still pretend this is about “global warming” and not just a wealth demand/transfer:

“ India and other developing countries are jointly demanding $1.3 trillion in “climate financing” every year by 2030, over and above what developed countries have already promised, if they are to introduce climate-change measures. Emerging economies will not sacrifice poverty eradication and economic development to follow a “net zero” approach that brings so much pain for such little climate reward”

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/der...nergy-security

And the icing on the cake:

“ Increased reliance on weather-dependent renewables and electric vehicles — the singular salvation for climate activists — ironically helps China, which dominates the global market on many renewable components. Of the 136 electric vehicle battery factories expected to be operational by 2029, a total of 101 will be in China. China has one quarter of the global supply of lithium, an essential EV material”

You don’t say…

Wonder what the next “crisis” will be after this one looses full credibility…or more likely how it’ll be rebranded.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Wonder what the next “crisis” will be after this one looses full credibility….
My guess is food supply followed closely by fresh water.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
My guess is food supply followed closely by fresh water.
Doesn’t food just come from the fridge? I’m sure fertilizer cuts will help the cause…
Old 10-18-2022, 11:08 PM

Fun fact

About 6% of Californians own an EV

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ctric-vehicles

Recently California asked EV owners to limit charging their vehicles

https://www.newsweek.com/californian...-1738398?amp=1

California’s Energy grid can’t handle the power requirements. California want to ban gas powered vehicles by 2035.

Liberals are also looking to ban gasoline car sales by 2035. https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/th...682e66f3d/amp/

Canada has done zero to build the trillion dollar infrastructure upgrades and build nuclear power plants across the country to handle the load.

Anyone see a house of cards?

General feeling of those who support the EV initiatives is hope, hope, hope. The big hope is a miracle will come to solve…

The power load needed will be built somehow…nuclear?
The money to come from somewhere to build the power infrastructure
The material shortage such as rare earth elements to build EV’s will be found somewhere… open pit strip mining for EV’s is okay right.
New battery technology will be found
People in cold climates and rural areas won’t drive as much
Finding a way to recycle EV batteries will be developed.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-19-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Fun fact

California’s Energy grid can’t handle the power requirements. California want to ban gas powered vehicles by 2035.

Liberals are also looking to ban gasoline car sales by 2035. https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/th...682e66f3d/amp/

Canada has done zero to build the trillion dollar infrastructure upgrades and build nuclear power plants across the country to handle the load.

General feeling of those who support the EV initiatives is hope, hope, hope. The big hope is a miracle will come to solve…

The material shortage such as rare earth elements to build EV’s will be found somewhere… open pit strip mining for EV’s is okay right.
Great post 👍
Old 10-19-2022, 09:04 AM

So then why isn't our ever loving Guberment sending money to the provinces for all the upgrades needed to deal with the up and coming power grid needs for the EV evolution instead of sending millions upon millions and more millions to other countries? HMMMMM Our front and back yards need to be taken care of.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
So then why isn't our ever loving Guberment sending money to the provinces for all the upgrades needed to deal with the up and coming power grid needs for the EV evolution instead of sending millions upon millions and more millions to other countries? HMMMMM Our front and back yards need to be taken care of.
Me thinks the millions line many pockets before the final dollar gets to the intended. This is all about finding another scam for a few well connected to get even richer and bleed our deficit even more. I expect our 1.3 trillion to grow to 2 trillion soon and nothing to show for it. Quite easy to do when most are being entertained by TikTok and Facebook.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
Me thinks the millions line many pockets before the final dollar gets to the intended. This is all about finding another scam for a few well connected to get even richer and bleed our deficit even more. I expect our 1.3 trillion to grow to 2 trillion soon and nothing to show for it. Quite easy to do when most are being entertained by TikTok and Facebook.
True Dat, as our country's clock goes TikTok TikTok replace battery. Only 14 trillion dollars. Thank you
Old 10-19-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Fun fact

I think your (USA News) numbers are a bit off - which actually makes your argument stronger.

According to Government of California website. As of 2021:

522,445 Registered Battery Electric vehicles (Hybrid is excluded from this total)
29,924,517 Total registered light duty vehicles
=~1.7% of registered California vehicles being full electric

https://www.energy.ca.gov/data-repor...t-duty-vehicle
Old 10-19-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Quit sending money to other countries. They can hate us for free
Old 10-19-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastcast View Post
I think your (USA News) numbers are a bit off - which actually makes your argument stronger.

According to Government of California website. As of 2021:

522,445 Registered Battery Electric vehicles (Hybrid is excluded from this total)
29,924,517 Total registered light duty vehicles
=~1.7% of registered California vehicles being full electric

https://www.energy.ca.gov/data-repor...t-duty-vehicle
I went off the link that essentially said 6000 out of 100,000 have Electric vehicles. If they included hybrids… then the number surely drops.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-19-2022, 02:37 PM

No matter the numbers and percentages per capita the grid as it is will not keep up for trying to charge the EV system. It will be harder on our north of the 49th parallel with the not so warm all the time climate. Just give away an EV vehicle to everyone and see what happens. With the price to charge the EV and the charge to heat your home and run your appliances on, wonder if that was brought in to the equation. Gonna be all electric heat?
Old 10-19-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Exactly

That is the FIRST thing Id axe if I were PM.

Sending money is about the stupidest thing we do.

Encouraging a welfare mentality.

The most useless unmotivated hippy will get off the couch and work and contribute as soon as you cut his "guaranteed income"

Breathing is not an occupation.

Last edited by huntinstuff; 10-19-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:21 PM

Hey if things keep warming up I will be able to retire in a milder climate without leaving the country

Old 10-19-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
It's quotes like this that remind me how much I enjoy this forum.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:13 PM

Funny that people still ask individuals to profess their belief in “Climate Change”. Otherwise you’re branded as a heretic/denier. I’ve found that responding with “Sure, I “believe” in climate change, do you think killing off our economy for a 1.6% (debated) impact to global emissions is worth it? “Developing nations” demanding climate reparations is/will be the nail in the climate change coffin.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:28 PM

Default Trudeau says Russian killing Ukrainians is helping his climate plan

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...om-oil-and-gas

This guy cracks me up with his incompetence
Old 10-19-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...om-oil-and-gas

This guy cracks me up with his incompetence
If anyone wanted a quotable reason why we’re becoming autonomous as a province, look no further. Remember, this guy is strangling the golden goose (& by proxy Alberta) over 1.6%. Chip off the ol’ block he is. Not even trying to hide it anymore.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:43 PM

For once, I fully agree with the BBC. The largest CO2 emitters SHOULD be paying for “climate change”.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...oss-and-damage

I look forward to getting my massive cheque from China, India, the US, Russia and other super high polluting nations. Between the hailstorms, choking on smoke from BC forest fires & floods, I expect a hefty sum for better housing materials, etc…

Something tells me that’s not quite what they were going for with this article though…
Old 10-27-2022, 05:24 PM

Mother Nature (as is called) will decide when it is time to shut us down. It seems to be coming with the start of the lack of glacier sizes. Loose Antarctica, the North Pole and Greenland (almost there), Never looked or researched but after so many years of abuse to our Earth, will let you know and shut you down. Over growing people population that need to drive, need to feed, cut down forests, rape the earth of it's natural resources, carbon producing countries, the list goes on and on. Our country carbon footprint is not that big for the size of our country. We don't need to subsidize others for their mistakes. We better start hoarding our fresh water.

Last edited by barbless; 10-27-2022 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
We don't need to subsidize others for their mistakes.
Message from the super polluter bureaucrats: “We’re very overpopulated and not going to reduce emissions because it’s financially & politically detrimental for us to do so (we’ll loose our jobs). So, we’ll blame you instead, and you get to pay for all the upgrading we need to do so that this obviously unsustainable situation continues and we keep our positions for the foreseeable future. All under the guise of “climate change”, savvy?”
Old 10-27-2022, 06:58 PM

We had 175 frost free days this year in GP. Nothing to see here....
Old 10-27-2022, 07:03 PM

Given that there have been at least five ice ages, every period following an ice age experienced global warming. Man didn't exist for at least four of those periods of global warming, so why did they occur? I would like to see the climate change warriors explain that.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:29 PM

Well I'm placing all my trust in you guys being right because otherwise we are all cooked.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Fun fact

What better way to control your population than limit where they can travel. Get rid of petroleum products and make them rely on batteries they can’t charge because the grid can’t handle it. Easier and more politically correct for a certain demographic to go along with right now than flat out saying where are your papers when wanting to travel from E town to cow town… it’s all happening this way for a reason people!
Old 10-27-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Well I'm placing all my trust in you guys being right because otherwise we are all cooked.
I agree, again, start demand that cheque from China, India, & others. We’re a lowly 1.6% of the problem. I’m sure there’s plenty we can start doing with that windfall money that starts pouring in as reparations for the damage they’re causing.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
What better way to control your population than limit where they can travel. Get rid of petroleum products and make them rely on batteries they can’t charge because the grid can’t handle it. Easier and more politically correct for a certain demographic to go along with right now than flat out saying where are your papers when wanting to travel from E town to cow town… it’s all happening this way for a reason people!
Whoaa! That's a lot of poorly thought out conspiracy right there!
Old 10-28-2022, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
Whoaa! That's a lot of poorly thought out conspiracy right there!
I agree with him. There is a move to control the use of fertilizer which would drop food production which would limit supply. If you can control travel and food, you control people.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:33 AM

You guys were better when we had a Trump thread goin.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-28-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
I agree with him. There is a move to control the use of fertilizer which would drop food production which would limit supply. If you can control travel and food, you control people.
And I agree with you.
Thank you to the people who I agree with.