Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 PM

Default damaged firearms inspection suggestions

Hi all, right now I have a few homeowners that have had sewer back ups in the basement and quite a few long arm have been sitting in this for a few days. Any ideas on who in the Edmonton area can inspect and quote to repair for the insurance company's?

thanks !
Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Banned

I have had many come to me from the High River flood. I cannot suggest any one in Edmonton. But you should advise your friend to soak them in WD40, remove the barreled action from the stocks immediately. Soak the bores real good and run a nylon brush and some patches to salvage the bore. Clean them up with a mild Scotch Brite pad and soak again with WD40. The more initial steps he takes now, the more likely that they can be saved. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:38 PM

Won't the insurance company find someone to do the appraisal/repair? A buddy lost most of the interior of his house to a low intensity fire (fridge started on fire and went out after burning the cupboards because the house was closed up -for several days while he was at work). Even his stainless steel barrels were "rusted" by the toxic soote --- the insurance co. is having the firearms "repaired". Unfortunately, most everything else was ruined.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:31 AM

Default damaged firearms inspection suggestions

I have faced the same. This is too much irritating moment. I think so that the insurance company will pay out for your problem. But a person can claim on them. May be it will be a pleasure for that person. I told you that I have faced the same but insurance company wasn't able to help me out. Then I went for the experts. They helped me out. You can use google searching to search a good expert.