Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 AM

Default Genesse Bridge.

Im planing on heading out to the Genesse bridge to try the fishing. Anybody know whats there or what to use? Any info would be great.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:16 PM

years ago I had alot of luck by parking on the south side of the bridge and then walking downstream towards towards the big bend. There used to be some beaver lodges and tiny streams entering there. Spinners,jigs and small spoons will all git er dun but your best bet is usually a dead set line ( pickeral rig,slip sinker,or what have you, using a dew worm and/or minnows for bait. Hopes this helps.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:17 PM

I hear the river has been DEAD !!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM

Spent the better part of Saturday in that area.(8am-6pm) The river was deader than a doorknob,between myself and my buddy,he caught one small pike. Litterally the size of a hammer handle.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:03 AM

I wouldnt say the river is dead was out there about two weeks ago caught ten sauger in about 4 hours not real fast fishing but wasnt disappointed for the first time out there. All we were using was a pickerel rig and small minnows. If you go to the right of the boat launch you will see what looks like a rock sort of where the water slightly parts to go around it, cast just to the left of that and wait. Had a pretty good time but make sure you have all your paper work in order cause the fish cops stopped to say hello when we were there.

GOOD FISHING!!!!!!