Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2024, 03:20 PM

Default Humboldt truck driver.

Sounds like the Humboldt truck driver is being deported.
I'm not sure what to think.
They should also deport all other landed immigrants that come here and commit crimes and kill.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ring-1.7213657
Old 05-24-2024, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
They should also deport all other landed immigrants that come here and commit crimes and kill.

And the driving schools that are handing out these truck licenses to unqualified drivers
Old 05-24-2024, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post

Bs
The driving school/testing department needs to be sued. Can’t read English? Here’s your licence.
And he needs deported….. everyone knows red lights and stop signs.
Old 05-24-2024, 03:49 PM

Deported already?
Why the rush...
Old 05-24-2024, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
….. everyone knows red lights and stop signs.
Perhaps you don't spend a lot of time on the highways and byways of our nation, but this is definitely not the case. It is alarming how much transgression there is in driving fundamentals, and not just by "new Canadians" or any other group.
Certainly not condoning this individual in any way, but the disregard for signs and rules-of-the-road these days is shocking. If you get around much, its hard not to wonder why we don't see more tragedy.....although there is certainly a lot of it out there.
Old 05-24-2024, 06:55 PM

His lawyer is already playing the sympathy card, apparently he has a son with some issues that would be affected adversely by his deportation.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-24-2024, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV911 View Post
And the driving schools that are handing out these truck licenses to unqualified drivers
Wasn't it the conservatives who privatized driving license examinations to simplify the process and save money ?

Old 05-24-2024, 07:09 PM

How about the guy that put him behind the wheel? The guy that hired him knowing he has zero experience. He is as guilty as the driver. He knew the driver was unqualified
Old 05-24-2024, 07:28 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Wasn't it the conservatives who privatized driving license examinations to simplify the process and save money ?
I don't know about that per se, but I did break my ankle 8 weeks ago and I KNOW that was Harpers fault!

Edit - Ninja edit happened I see... I must now say my ankle was the conservatives fault?
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 05-24-2024, 07:31 PM

Circumstances really don't matter, any immigrant applying for citizenship must not have any criminal convictions a DUI will keep you out of Canada.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:37 PM

To bad so sad! They used to say!

Last edited by badbrass; 05-24-2024 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Circumstances really don't matter, any immigrant applying for citizenship must not have any criminal convictions a DUI will keep you out of Canada.
Sure if your an American or any other citizen from a civilized country who has criminal record sharing with Canada. Some of the countries immigrants are coming from don't have drunk driving laws, nor keep records so we don't know what we're letting into the country.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:44 PM

In this case he got his conviction in Canada can't get around that
Old 05-24-2024, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I don't know about that per se, but I did break my ankle 8 weeks ago and I KNOW that was Harpers fault!

Edit - Ninja edit happened I see... I must now say my ankle was the conservatives fault?
I'm a conservative supporter, beats the alternative, but they've done some stupid stuff in the past, no way around it. Can't find the original, but here is part two.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7413554/a...d%20ambulances.

Old 05-24-2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
How about the guy that put him behind the wheel? The guy that hired him knowing he has zero experience. He is as guilty as the driver. He knew the driver was unqualified
^This

Horrible, unimaginable tragedy.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:09 PM

30 some years ago the government started bringing in all these stupid laws and regulations. They did it in the name of safety but what it did was make compliance way to expensive and not practical for owner operators and small carriers.
Basically it has had opposite effect . Now all you have is mega carrier's that basically exploit desperate immigrants.
Job is so dumbed down that it is about like watching paint dry. Trucking now compared to years ago is like comparison between Apollo astronaut to somebody flying a drone.
When you make a job so easy and unrewarding in every possible way then it only attracts certain people.
These Carrier's would rather invest in technology than people. They want employees they can use like moron's.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:13 PM

Some of these Carriers are just immigration scam or way to bring in certain people. Even 40 years ago this was starting to happen
Old 05-24-2024, 11:05 PM

As horrific as this incident was, I firmly believe the driver did not wake up that morning and decide he was going to take a life. He made a grave mistake, plead guilty to offense and took responsibility for his actions, and then serve his sentence. I would gladly have this person reside in Canada over any of the habitual offenders that plague our society.
Old 05-25-2024, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
As horrific as this incident was, I firmly believe the driver did not wake up that morning and decide he was going to take a life. He made a grave mistake, plead guilty to offense and took responsibility for his actions, and then serve his sentence. I would gladly have this person reside in Canada over any of the habitual offenders that plague our society.
I’m the opposite. I’d drive him right to the airport and walk him onto the plane.

Because of his grave mistake not only was there terrible loss of life but also any of us who have to use commercial trucks can’t hardly afford to train and then insure new drivers. Lots of qualified young guys out there that are just too expensive to put in a truck.

By the way, That expensive training they have to take doesn’t get them ready for the road either. It’s a joke.
Old 05-25-2024, 05:57 AM

Deport and serve his time on India's prison. Canada's prison is a walk in the park. Taxpayer does not need to spend a penny for this guy's board and lodging.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I agree with you.
Old 05-25-2024, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Same here.
At least he was trying to earn a living.
Lots of other “new Canadians” are just a getting a free ride. Or worse
Old 05-25-2024, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Like some of the other posters I have to agree.
Now all the other landed immigrants or people that came here that shot and killed should also be deported.

Not sure about you but I do see a pattern that 89% of all crimes that happen in the big cities and across Canada are ethnic people.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I agree as horrible as it was there are alot worse immigrants here doing time for alot of different crimes that aren't facing deportation and should be. I know personally in dealing with him that he was extremely remorseful and seemed like a good guy.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:44 AM

While he didn't intend to kill or injure anyone, he was guilty of a long list of violations of safety standards designed to prevent accidents like this. While his employer likely coersed him to commit those violations, the fact is that he did commit those violations, and because of his actions, many people died. I see this as no different than an impaired driver, that doesn't intend to kill anyone, but that chooses to act in a manner that puts other people's lives at risk. So I am not at all disappointed that he is being deported.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:59 AM

Quote:
No, there were serious consequences to his incompetence and he has to bear the penalty. Too little of that these days, it's destroying our society. His employer should be sanctioned as well, haven't heard anything about that ?

Old 05-25-2024, 08:10 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

Exactly,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-25-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I can’t disagree with this. The people who hired and “trained” him ought to be kicked out though.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
While he didn't intend to kill or injure anyone, he was guilty of a long list of violations of safety standards designed to prevent accidents like this. While his employer likely coersed him to commit those violations, the fact is that he did commit those violations, and because of his actions, many people died. I see this as no different than an impaired driver, that doesn't intend to kill anyone, but that chooses to act in a manner that puts other people's lives at risk. So I am not at all disappointed that he is being deported.
I see your point but why aren't all these immigrant gang bangers that shoot up houses and kill people or deal massive quantities of drugs or molesting their daughters being sent back to their lovely countries. Instead they walk around the penitentiaries and act like we owe them something. I think as soon as your found guilty there should be a plane waiting.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Well said and I agree.