Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2024, 11:26 AM

Default My Book

I have my book Day To Day “The Blurry Years” for sale in the for sale section..now I’m not trying to sell in the discussion thread, but anyone that ordered one and have read it…please put your review right here as I’d be curious as to what you think and did it give you a few smiles and laughs…
Thank you to anyone that bought one off Amazon!
I appreciate your thoughts good or bad..
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-28-2024, 12:57 PM

Just sent my wife this info. She grew up in Tuk in the 70’s.

Thanks, Dodger.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:37 PM

Got my copy! Looking forward to reading it while lounging in my campsite hammock.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Just sent my wife this info. She grew up in Tuk in the 70’s.

Thanks, Dodger.
Your wife will know a lot of people I know either from Tuk or Inuvik..I was there late 70’s till I left and then went back in the middle 80’s
Our family cabin was only 15 miles from Bar C..( your wife will know exactly where that is ) Ask her if she knows where Ya Ya Lakes are, that’s where our family cabin is….really not that far from Tuk..
Cool, thanks for your post
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-28-2024, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Got my copy! Looking forward to reading it while lounging in my campsite hammock.
Hahaha…I’m glad you have one…enjoy the hammock read
I bet you laugh alittle….
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-28-2024, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up Zip. Wife always includes a book about the far north in my presents. Still planning on another trip to Alaska.
Old 05-28-2024, 03:50 PM

Ebook and paper?
Old 05-28-2024, 04:39 PM

I was in Inuvik once back in the 90s
Not sure how they survived up there with out natural gas .
They have it know after we drill that hole for them .
Old 05-28-2024, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Your wife will know a lot of people I know either from Tuk or Inuvik..I was there late 70’s till I left and then went back in the middle 80’s
Our family cabin was only 15 miles from Bar C..( your wife will know exactly where that is ) Ask her if she knows where Ya Ya Lakes are, that’s where our family cabin is….really not that far from Tuk..
Cool, thanks for your post
Zip
My father-in-law was town manager in Tuk during the early 70's. My wife was just a young girl and she and her two sisters stood out as white girls with long blond hair. She made all her own mukluks and fur jackets in Inuvik when she grew up. She even had an elder teach her moose hair tufting.

Her school principle was Mr Leary and his daughter was a good friend. She lived by the peninsula with the RMCP across the street.

She use to take the skidoo and have her lunches out by the pingo.

Dodger.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Ebook and paper?
Yes…either way TM..on Amazon
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-28-2024, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
My father-in-law was town manager in Tuk during the early 70's. My wife was just a young girl and she and her two sisters stood out as white girls with long blond hair. She made all her own mukluks and fur jackets in Inuvik when she grew up. She even had an elder teach her moose hair tufting.

Her school principle was Mr Leary and his daughter was a good friend. She lived by the peninsula with the RMCP across the street.

She use to take the skidoo and have her lunches out by the pingo.

Dodger.
Awesome…I have a picture of a friend of mine who played volleyball in grade 9 in Tuk…the team picture, let’s just say, he’s easy to spot in the group…lol
I’ve been inside the one Pingo that holds all the hunters harvests…a community freezer way back then…I was in that one in the 70’s, it’s awesome how they let people give and take food from there…
The far North is a wonderful place…I loved my time up there, as my book will tell ya…
Thanks for the little chat
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-28-2024, 08:17 PM

Just ordered a copy. I love reading these types of books in my adventure truck out camping. Book should be here in a couple days and I’m heading out west camping Sunday!