Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Banned

Default Best place to order boat prop online?

Well I need to prop down, tried everything else and theres no two ways about it. So I've been looking online and I can get props far cheaper online than localy. Even with the ridiculous shipping iboats charges its about $100 cheaper than buying a prop localy. Just wondering if anyone knows of a place that doesnt charge half the price of an aluminum prop to have it shipped.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Well I need to prop down, tried everything else and theres no two ways about it. So I've been looking online and I can get props far cheaper online than localy. Even with the ridiculous shipping iboats charges its about $100 cheaper than buying a prop localy. Just wondering if anyone knows of a place that doesnt charge half the price of an aluminum prop to have it shipped.
Have you tried budget prop and ATV here in edmonton?
91 st just north of 51st ave.
I have had good luck buying and gettingrepairs there.

Chris
Old 06-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agb Crash View Post
Have you tried budget prop and ATV here in edmonton?
91 st just north of 51st ave.
I have had good luck buying and gettingrepairs there.

Chris
Havnt tryed anywher in the city. In Slave they want $250 to $300 for a basic aluminum prop which will have to be ordered. I can order one off the net for under $100 and get it shipped for around $130 ish. If I can get them in the city for a price comparable to that I would go for it. What is a normal price to pay for an aluminum prop in Alberta?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 PM

Have you tried ebay. Sometimes.the shipping is pretty good, probably less than $130 lol
Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Have you tried ebay. Sometimes.the shipping is pretty good, probably less than $130 lol
Sorry, the shipping is around $40, it comes out to 130- 150 ish total.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 PM

Pretty simple decision in my mind. I don't mind helping out local business but sometimes its a no brainer. I was looking for a leveling kit for my truck a couple months ago. Local price was $250-300, I ordered it off ebay, delivered to my door for just under $70. Not a hard decision. If Canadian companies want to.keep ripping us off, because it cost them.so much to get stuff in, than they will go the way of the dinosaurs.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Pretty simple decision in my mind. I don't mind helping out local business but sometimes its a no brainer. I was looking for a leveling kit for my truck a couple months ago. Local price was $250-300, I ordered it off ebay, delivered to my door for just under $70. Not a hard decision. If Canadian companies want to.keep ripping us off, because it cost them.so much to get stuff in, than they will go the way of the dinosaurs.
I agree, the OP was not made because I feel bad in any way for cutting out the locals. Its because even at half the price I'm so cheap that I still want to complain about spending $40 on shipping and see if theres a place that can do it even cheaper.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:26 AM

Smile

I ordered one from boats.net http://www.boats.net/ I thought I would just get an aftermarket prop from them. Turns out when it arrived it was an OEM prop right from Evenrude, in an Evenrude box even. Even after shipping it was more than a third less than getting it local. I usually like to shop local. But you can't argue with money in your own pocket.

Rob
Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 AM

Just put a new prop on my boat, cost 215 with the hub. That was in BC with 12% tax. Renfrew sports in Calgary, now I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the price was he quoted me was 150
Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 AM

wholesalemarine.com

great service, really good prices and decent shipping prices, most of the time
Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 AM

i just got one from iboats, $150 for prop, wrench and shipping. marineengine.com was the same total price but cheaper shipping more expensive product. I've ordered parts from both, they were both good, shipping was done the same or next day.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 AM

Google. Blue yacht boat supplies. Or something to that effect. Got. 2 factory Mercury Props from them shipped to the local postmoffice for less than the price of one prop locally. It was a few years ago and touch wood, I have not needed another one.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Recreational Power Sports, Edm
Home Of The $99.00 Prop

At least thats what their add says
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
bestboatparts.com
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 PM

the last time I was at Recreation they still had the $99.00 prop. Talk to Andreas. Their number is 866-535-1004
Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 AM

Exclamation

Just keep in mind if your ordering from the US make sure you ship with USPs if you use any other carrier expect to pay another 20-50$ in brokerage fees.

It may take a couple of days longer but it's worth it.