Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 AM

Default Would you attend your ex wife's funeral?

Under what circumstances would you attend or not attend an ex's funeral?

If you had children together?
Would/should you organize/bear the costs of the funeral or leave the details for your adult children?
?????????????

Last edited by omega50; 05-10-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Banned

I would attend my ex wife's funeral. Regardless of the reasons that we had split, or how bitter the divorce was, or how strained things were after with other family members. I had loved her once and I would be able to be a big enough man to appear and pay my respects.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:03 AM

I would.
There was once a time were love and life was shared, owe it to her to pay respect and thanks for those times and lessons learned, and owe it to myself to say goodbye properly. Especially if children are involved, then even more so for their sakes,
they would need me more than ever I would imagine.
and for her family, every person that takes the time to show up at a funeral helps them see that the person they loved was loved by others, that they are not alone in mourning, and that they can be happy in the knowledge that their daughter/sister/friend/ect touched so many lives in a positive way.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 AM

Default Funeral

Why would you even have to ask the question?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 AM

I'm sure I'd have better things to do.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 AM

Weird question... Yes i would. She would have to do something pretty bad for one not to.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 AM

Did your ex die?
Depends on the divorce, if it was messy and bitter, it might not be the best thing to attend. The divorce does not only effect the 2 involved, there could be many hurt feelings with other family members, friends, etc, and it could take away from the service and the person could become the centre of attention instead of the deceased. (Psssst, what the hell is he/she doing here?) It would be tough if children were involved, not to attend.
As for costs, I don't think so, that ship has long sailed away

Last edited by Bigdad013; 05-10-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:05 AM

I would just to make sure she was really gone.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:11 AM

Haha love BBT's comment.

This is a complicated question that depends on the post marital relationship one has with their ex. If kids are involved then more variables are added for consideration. Philosophically it is not a yes or no question because both answers can apply depending on the circumstances nor is one answer more ethical over the other.

The only wrong decision would be one made in selfishness, bitterness or a lack of forgiveness when it was sought.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
I would.
There was once a time were love and life was shared, owe it to her to pay respect and thanks for those times and lessons learned, and owe it to myself to say goodbye properly. Especially if children are involved, then even more so for their sakes,
and for her family, every person that takes the time to show up at a funeral helps them see that the person they loved was loved by others, that they are not alone in mourning, and that they can be happy in the knowledge that their daughter/sister/friend/ect touched so many lives in a positive way.
X2. Same here....
Old 05-10-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
I would.
Pretty deep but I agree fully....

LC
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
not if i was the one responsible for needing a funeral in the first place!!

actually yes, out of respect for her family. great group of people, respectful, helpful and down to earth.
that and what BBT said!

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 AM

I would.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I would.
Well said.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I would.

X2

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I would attend my ex wife's funeral. Regardless of the reasons that we had split, or how bitter the divorce was, or how strained things were after with other family members. I had loved her once and I would be able to be a big enough man to appear and pay my respects.
I would go also, not because I loved her once. That lousy beautch cased me nothing but grief after we split up. She had no reason to do so, I never missed a payment and they were always on time. I know she put me down in front of the kids, which never did to here. If I even got close to saying something about here when they were around I would change the subject very quickly. The reason I would go would to be absolutely sure she was gone and know that I was finally free of her. If asked at the funeral I would say it like it was as I am a bigger man than to pretend sorrow.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Banned

I`m with Pincher on this one.My ex was horrible,screwed me to the wall financially,alienated my children from me,caused me many sad days.I would not pay one penny for costs,chuck her in the river for all I care.I might go up after to spit on her grave though.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 AM

Tough question.I'm still married to my first wife - although we have threatened to do it, neither of us has killed the other yet!
Cat
Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
I would just to make sure she was really gone.
A lot of husbands like that out there, Or wives. Some might bring a gun, just to be really sure.

Grizz
Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Tough question.I'm still married to my first wife - although we have threatened to do it, neither of us has killed the other yet!
Cat
Sounds like you got one that is compatible with you, I think thats great. Too many people bail out when the boat gets rocky instead of hanging on and making things work. I admire those that do, sometimes it is an up hill battle but worth it in the end.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 AM

I would only go for my daughters sake to support her . I can not stand my ex she is a bitter person a witch

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 05-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Banned

I would only to ensure she was dead.

However all kidding aside, I would for my children's sake, since they are still young. Once they are adults, no way would I go anywhere near my ex. She has been evil, and cruel, and despicable. Those are the nice things I can say about her.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
x2
that being said I would go to support my children as well,
as for expenses her darned husband can pay for it,
maybe I would stick around and be the last one there then sneak over and P on her grave
Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
some time marriage is like playing cards all you need in the beginning is two hearts and a diamond but in the end you wish you had a club and a spade
Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post

If you had children together?
Would/should you organize/bear the costs of the funeral or leave the details for your adult children?
?????????????
Depends....... is it during hunting season ????

Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Banned

I would attend... unless it was clear that I wouldn't be welcome.

Its just the right thing to do... you know someone... you shared time with that person.
Whatever happened in the past is in the past.

For those still bitter... it might just give you some closure....
Old 05-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
I would attend... unless it was clear that I wouldn't be welcome.

Its just the right thing to do... you know someone... you shared time with that person.
Whatever happened in the past is in the past.

For those still bitter... it might just give you some closure....
Her dead in a hole in the ground is all the closure I need.
So I go to the funeral and I come away thinking "oh,I forgive her for cheating on me,taking everything I owned,turning my kids into heavily tattooed idiots,costing me years of damn near poverty and GIVING AWAY MY DOG!!!!!

Don`t think so pal.Just the simple fact of knowing she is dead and I`m still kicking is good enough for me.She ain`t dead yet but a man can still hope.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
Her dead in a hole in the ground is all the closure I need.
So I go to the funeral and I come away thinking "oh,I forgive her for cheating on me,taking everything I owned,turning my kids into heavily tattooed idiots,costing me years of damn near poverty and GIVING AWAY MY DOG!!!!!

Don`t think so pal.Just the simple fact of knowing she is dead and I`m still kicking is good enough for me.She ain`t dead yet but a man can still hope.

Well I guess there are Ex's and then there are EX's...

Honestly... I don't have an ex but I would attend a funeral of anyone I knew unless I actually hated them.
A lot of ex's seem to get along alright.

But... not all of em obviously....
Old 05-10-2013, 10:10 AM

I would consider whether my attendance would upset her family or our kids. I'd definitely ask our kids, might ask her family before just showing up.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Well I guess there are Ex's and then there are EX's...

Honestly... I don't have an ex but I would attend a funeral of anyone I knew unless I actually hated them.
A lot of ex's seem to get along alright.

But... not all of em obviously....
That`s right,you don`t have an ex.Lucky man.And some are O.K. but mine is a beast and so are many others,men included.There was no need for her to be that horrible but then some people are just azzholes.I`m finally free of her and I live for the day she dies.Hopefully of something painfull and lingering.Flesh eating disease come to mind.