Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2024, 06:04 PM

Default McMahon Stadium Parking

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some pointers to get a hillbilly from out of town parked safely for the season opener tomorrow night.

Coming from the north if that helps at all.

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2024, 08:38 AM

Forgive me for laughing. We used to live in Briar Hill at one time, every time there was a Stamps game, there was no place left or us to park.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 06-07-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl View Post
Hello everyone,

Just looking for some pointers to get a hillbilly from out of town parked safely for the season opener tomorrow night.

Thanks!
Parking is a premium in that whole general area requiring a permit. The only thing I can offer is hopefully your hotel offers a free ride to the game or possibly, park at the Brentwood mall and walk to the stadium and hope security doesn't see walk away??

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 06-07-2024, 09:20 AM

Park at the FREE LRT parking, no worries about finding a spot, long walks, tickets or towing, ride the train right to the Stadium. That, or book VIP parking right at the Stadium. It has its own lot right at the Stadium. A little ritzy price wise, but way better than looking for a parking spot close by.
Old 06-07-2024, 09:47 AM

Years ago my secret spot used to be the rooftop parking on the little strip mall directly across Crowchild but I am sure it is either banned now or too popular and $25 bucks.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:32 AM

Park at Dairy Queen... Buy a cheeseburger, then walk across the street.

You're welcome.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
Park at Dairy Queen... Buy a cheeseburger, then walk across the street.

You're welcome.
You may want to rethink that. Used to work years back, now, most of the businesses around there have signs posting half hour parking and the Tow trucks make a ton Towing people on game days doing exactly what you suggest. The businesses that are closed by game time now generally have someone collecting parking fees to get into the lots to park. Far less hassle to park and ride or just pay for parking, but that may be just me.
Old 06-09-2024, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
You may want to rethink that. Used to work years back, now, most of the businesses around there have signs posting half hour parking and the Tow trucks make a ton Towing people on game days doing exactly what you suggest. The businesses that are closed by game time now generally have someone collecting parking fees to get into the lots to park. Far less hassle to park and ride or just pay for parking, but that may be just me.
I went to a grand total of ONE Stamps game, ever... Back in ~2012 ! It was doable back then, too many people trying it I guess ! My bad.

For Flames games, we parked at Chinook or Manchester (39 Ave) C-train station and rode the train to 17th and walked over to the Saddle Dome.

* I lived in the deep south, Auburn Bay, and rarely ventured north of downtown for extracurricular activities in the city. I hated the north.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
So you have to tell us, where did you end up parking and how did the opener trip go overall for you?