Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2024, 05:33 PM

Default Grizz does Khuzemateen

I've been thinking about it for a while, but last week I got a last minute seat on the Classic Canadian tour to the Grizzly sanctuary in Northern B. C., within sight of Alaska, an intense one day experience, Air to Prince Rupert, boat up the inside passage, back home. A great experience, no hassle air boarding and the first time I've seen metal cutlery on a plane in decades. Food was great as well. Bears, whales, sea lions eagles plus some unforgettable scenery. We even got to see a mating bear pair, which were told was a rarity. After we spotted 2 bears on a distant grass flat, I remarked, well we're down to 750. per bear, but we did see half a dozen close up. Photography was pretty challenging, periodic rain and other than the bears, no one was interested in posing.

Isaiah 5:8

Last edited by Grizzly Adams1; 05-27-2024 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 05:44 PM

glad you enjoyed it

fun is something to be cherished

not enough bear mating going around
Old 05-27-2024, 06:30 PM

Nice pics. Bears are probably male/female. Bears are still like that.
Old 05-27-2024, 09:13 PM

Grizz, did you fly in & out of Rupert on the same day? No overnight in Rupert? Where in Ab did you leave from? Beauty pics, Thanks!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-27-2024, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Grizz, did you fly in & out of Rupert on the same day? No overnight in Rupert? Where in Ab did you leave from? Beauty pics, Thanks!
Classic Canadian Tours, can't say enough good stuff about them, well worth the money in my opinion. It's a one day thing like their polar Bear tour. We left Calgary at 7:30, 1 3/4 hours to Prince Rupert, about 7 hours on the boat and back to Calgary at 8:45. a very full day, one of those bucket list things. The plane and boat.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-27-2024, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Classic Canadian Tours, can't say enough good stuff about them, well worth the money in my opinion. It's a one day thing like their polar Bear tour. We left Calgary at 7:30, 1 3/4 hours to Prince Rupert, about 7 hours on the boat and back to Calgary at 8:45. a very full day, one of those bucket list things. The plane and boat.

Damn, that's cool. Thanks again for the write-up & the pics!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King