Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 12:02 PM

Default 300 WSM Nickle Brass

Anyone know where I can find some 300 WSM Niickle plated brass? I know I can buy the loaded winchester ammo in nickle plated, but am having trouble finding the brass only.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM

Just my opinion based on my experiences reloading nickel plated brass- I don't like it and won't use it. It seems to chip out as it is brittle and I think it is bad for your dies. I think it is made to look "cool" to the consumer.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 AM

I don't think they sell brass this way as most reloaders don't like it. It's just a fancy "premium ammo" thing that manufactures use to help sell a $70 box of ammo.
The only way to get it is sit at the range a week before hunting season when all the hunters come to sight in.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:26 PM

Nickle resists corrosion much better, and for a true hunting bullet that is much better. Plus it cleans much easier in the tumbler, and does not look like crap after getting damp a few times.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM

I have used nickle in my 300 win mag, since I bought the gun, my brass have held up very well, and on my 4th and 5th loading, I am starting to see failures in them. I use them cause I like them, and I will continue to use them in that rifle. As fas as 300wsm brass, I don't know where to find it, but if you find 300wsm, chances are they will have 270wsm nickle brass, and I could use 200 of those or so......hint hint. LOL