Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2021, 11:38 PM

Default New city residential speed limits coming to your Calgary neighborhood soon!

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/lower-spe...-max-1.5325484
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-27-2021, 01:04 AM

Next up, Calgary doubles its photo radar fleet.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:55 AM

I've lived at the same location in NE Calgary for almost 30 years now and my home lies within a playground zone. Up until about 15 years ago, CPS had regular speed traps set up within this area. Real traffic enforcement, the type where people have a face to face with police and end up with ticket that cost them both $$$ and DL demerits. I haven't seen a speed trap here, literally for over 10 years, but I do see photo radar vehicles all over the place.

Here's an idea for that Purple Clown downtown and his cohorts at city hall.... instead of defunding the police, working up schemes to ban legal handguns, etc., etc. Why not enforce the laws on the books? If there is a problem with speeders in Calgary, try enforcing speeding laws with something that doesn't involve getting a ticket in the mail 2 weeks later. If they drop the speed limit to 40, why would your typical speeder care if they don't even enforce the limit when it's at 50?
Old 02-27-2021, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Next up, Calgary doubles its photo radar fleet.
This is probably a legitimate statement, considering how much vacancy is in downtown Calgary these days. Nenshi needs to make up for that lost revenue somehow, we need to pay for giant blue rings and piles of garbage welded together along Hwy 1 somehow. Any talk of cutbacks at Calgary City Hall is verboten, and I'm not sure how many years in a row our property taxes can increase, so photo radar as a revenue source seems legit.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:14 AM

If Calgarians are stupid enough to elect that clown again, the speed limit will be dropping to 30Km/Hr by next year! Obviously this is far more important than dealing with minor irritations like a major cash shortfall, an empty downtowm etc!