Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

Default Some people are such hypocrites

Sorry I just needed somewhere to vent this. So today I lost my godfather status to these 2 boys that I loved with all my heart.

Their mother and I got into an argument because I haven't picked up the phone in 8 months and missed their birthdays. I tried to tell her that I didn't miss their bdays I actually have a present for both of them and I was hoping to visit them in alberta this summer. I was going to give it to them myself.
She tells me that some random guy is more involved with them than I currently am. I explained to her that I have been so busy designing my photography website and trying to get my business launched. Plus I have been doing some upgrading to get into power engineering. Well this wasn't a good enough reason for her.

What really angered me was this woman has done very negligent things to her kids. While she was staying at my old house (4plex thingy) she was on the phone and her 3 year old son opened the door and ran outside into the middle of the road. Luckily I was outside mowing the lawn and I caught him. She also one night fell asleep and when she woke up her son had a candy bar in his hands. Turns out she forgot to lock the door and he walked 2 blocks to the Mac's store, the owner gave him a candy bar and he walked back home. I potty trained the older son and taught him how to read. I'm only 19 for godsakes and I was a better parental figure than she was.

Sorry if I haven't lost my man card from ranting I probably will now. I'm just fuming mad from the hypocrisy. To be stopped from seeing my godsons because I didn't call by a negligent mother is something else. The hypocrisy is enough to drive me insane.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM

Question

Old 06-19-2012, 07:43 PM

When you say "god sons" do you mean you were chosen to answer for them at baptism?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

I thought you were already accepted into Power engineering?

And why haven't you called them in 8 months?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Family before work.

Now you realize this.

Life is tough, get a helmet.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear00 View Post
I thought you were already accepted into Power engineering?

And why haven't you called them in 8 months?
Well I am accepted into power engineering now that I finished my upgrading. I haven't called but I have been intouch through facebook and texting. I didn't have long distance on my phone. Also because her religion does not do baptisms for children I was made the unofficial god parent. I called her today now that I actually can and she went off on me.
Also with all the things that's been happening. Living in my car, upgrading and launching my photography business the months just went by so fast. What bothers me is that her step dad calls once every year and she doesn't even care. She's not my family she's a former drug addict I help get off the streets. She was kicked out of her apartment and I offered her a place to stay while she got back on her feet. After all I've done she cuts me out for not calling.
I'm not even their dad. I mean how many godparents here call their godchildren every month?

Last edited by Killerb; 06-19-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerb View Post
Well I am accepted into power engineering now that I finished my upgrading. I haven't called but I have been intouch through facebook and texting. I didn't have long distance on my phone. Also because her religion does not do baptisms for children I was made the unofficial god parent. I called her today now that I actually can and she went off on me.
Also with all the things that's been happening. Living in my car, upgrading and launching my photography business the months just went by so fast. What bothers me is that her step dad calls once every year and she doesn't even care. She's not my family she's a former drug addict I help get off the streets. After all I've done she cuts me out for not calling.
Her 3 year old can text?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM

Call her on her bs. Simple as that. I rip people new ones all the time.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Banned

holy****.....move along

http://www.oprah.com/packages/commun...ersations.html
Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear00 View Post
Her 3 year old can text?
No she can. I ask how everyone is doing and she reads what I say to him and she texts back what he says. I ended up ripping her a new one alright. After being told I was no longer a godfather I called her out on a ton of bs. Called her an unfit mother, told her she was more worried about having a boyfriend than the childrens safety.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 PM

With your constant stream of lies, pathetic excuses and overall BS, I'd say those boys have a much better chance in life WITHOUT you in theirs. I applaud their mother's decision.

Last edited by TreeGuy; 06-19-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
No she can. I ask how everyone is doing and she reads what I say to him and she texts back what he says. I ended up ripping her a new one alright. After being told I was no longer a godfather I called her out on a ton of bs. Called her an unfit mother, told her she was more worried about having a boyfriend than the childrens safety.
you do find problems in life, move on, carry on with your courses......?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 PM

Yer 19. Quit trying to save the world and go chase some girls.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:27 PM

I dunno what to make of you man, don't I recall you also ranting about getting fired from Costco? After a few rants about stuff that's not your fault it starts getting filed like information from The Boy Who Cried Wolf. I recall a time in my life where I cast lots of blame outwards; then I had an epiphany with comprehension and fixed what I had effed up and I got in front of pretty much everything. Take command of a situation or it's commanding you. If this chick is like that then just cut any ties with her and her drama; some people are just flypaper for that (there's a hint there )
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Banned

Forgetaboutit...

You might have called on their brithdays...
As it is... the reasons you provided would sound like an excuse to anyone.

Sounds like Mom has anew "friend" and just doesn't want the kids getting confused about that.

Her call... life goes on...
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I dunno what to make of you man, don't I recall you also ranting about getting fired from Costco? After a few rants about stuff that's not your fault it starts getting filed like information from The Boy Who Cried Wolf. I recall a time in my life where I cast lots of blame outwards; then I had an epiphany with comprehension and fixed what I had effed up and I got in front of pretty much everything. Take command of a situation or it's commanding you. If this chick is like that then just cut any ties with her and her drama; some people are just flypaper for that (there's a hint there )
I never ranted about being fired from costco but you're right I'm moving on.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:34 PM

....lets just say I'm glad I'm on his ignore list.

It's been a while since we've had a mojito-like thread....
Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post

Sounds like Mom has anew "friend" and just doesn't want the kids getting confused about that.
my first thought when i started reading.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 PM

Some women need to have attention or they generate it. I would say she's one of them.

I found as I got older, I got better at spotting them and was able to extricate myself from their presense a lot more tactfully and efficiently. Had I learned this skill earlier, I wouldn't have spent as much of my younger years getting involved in the petty panics these self-absorbed prima-donnas revel in.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:00 PM

High wild and free???
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pophouseman View Post
High wild and free???
yup....my thoughts as well...
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanik View Post
Some women need to have attention or they generate it. I would say she's one of them.

I found as I got older, I got better at spotting them and was able to extricate myself from their presense a lot more tactfully and efficiently. Had I learned this skill earlier, I wouldn't have spent as much of my younger years getting involved in the petty panics these self-absorbed prima-donnas revel in.
Exactly she was saying she was mad that I didn't talk to the boys over the phone in 8 months. Why the kid is 4 years old now and he doesn't care. It seemed like she was just trying to find a way to cut me off.
I don't even understand why she was so mad. It's not like we were anything more than friends. Women are crazy.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
High wild and free???
Naw .............. Fishnut's 99 ???
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Exactly she was saying she was mad that I didn't talk to the boys over the phone in 8 months. Why the kid is 4 years old now and he doesn't care. It seemed like she was just trying to find a way to cut me off.
I don't even understand why she was so mad. It's not like we were anything more than friends. Women are crazy.
Does she drive the kids in a black Dodge dually?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does she drive the kids in a black Dodge dually?
Ok seriously someone has to let me in on that. What's with the dodge dually jokes. She drives a cavalier.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Ok seriously someone has to let me in on that. What's with the dodge dually jokes. She drives a cavalier.
Is she busty?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM

perhaps you should search for a member called high wild and free.

or fishnuts.

the dodge dually thread is amusing.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:16 PM

Entertainment at its finest.... I'm not gonna lie...
Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 PM

I must have missed a few Killerb threads. Only 19 though guys. C'mon, not everyone was as advanced, mature and muscular as we were at 19. no, just kidding.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 PM

Maybe I missed something but what is so hypocritical? Also if those were my kids and you never spoke to them in 8 months it would seem as though you do not want to be involved in their lives. As for the safefy issue, I would not want my kids being given to the godparent who was sleeping in their car, that is not a place for children and I think she made the right move to find someone more suitable for the children.

Your 19, go have fun, drink, chase women, and focus on the schooling you got accepted to. You can always be "Uncle Killerb" without the responsibility should something happen to the kids. After all, sounds like you have been having a tough time looking after yourself. Good luck and dont take this as a personal bashing as that is not how it is intended.