Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Default East Brezeau River/Canal

So i'm probably heading out to Brezeau this weekend. I think we are staying at the EAST canal campgrounds. I've never been.

Just wondering where i could do some shore fishing either in the River itself or the canal? Would i have to make a trip to the Dam for some good fishing or is there someplace close to camp i could go? I don't have a boat so shore access is key.

If you could let me know also what i would catch so i could prepare myself that would be great..

Thanks all.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:43 PM

nada?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:33 PM

I was there about a month ago and there was a few people casting from shore between the west and east campsites, don't know if they had any luck we didn't in the boat. the reservoir was still frozen then so i didn't get a chance to go in there but there looked like there would be lots of shore access. good luck and let me know if you catch anything.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:34 PM

that was my first time there aswell
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM

I've only been there once myself, and I fished from shore.

If you're staying where I think you're staying, a good place to fish from shore is along the long embankment located near the boat launch, which is located near the campground. It drops off fairly quickly there, and there are rocks and boulders which make for some fish habitat.

I know for sure that there are pike in there, not sure about any other species. I only caught one pike when I was there, but I wasn't there for very long.

Good luck!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM

THANKS!!! will do..
Old 06-03-2009, 08:05 PM

I have heard of guys pulling browns close to the bridge on a pickerel rig with minnows or worms but have never caught any myself. I see people fishing along the rocks I usally go out in a boat we have had the best luck in the weeds and just fishing weedless red devil with a silver back not sure why but a gold back does not produce as well for me fish them with out bait. There is a place along the north shore close to the far east campgroung that has a little bay that is shallower and has cabbage weeds in it (if they have grown up yet) that should be good for pike as it is about 6-8 feet deep. I cant remember if its east or west of the campgound though. Good Luck
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Gone Fishing

The East side is the one for pike but if your in a boat watch out for the 2 sand bars going in, they will hurt your prop. Closer to the dam we found a few bulltrout, On the other side from the dirt road we found that the sunken trees made for tough fishing. Fishing was slow but better than working at the office.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:13 PM

was out there this weekdend. The lake (to the right of the road coming in) which is on the campground side is about 300m away from shoreline, the boat launch is about 250m from any water, the tree line on the far side is another 300m from the water, i will put up pics, its pretty bad, its normally full by this time