Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 PM

Default Fishing around Lethbridge

I am heading down to Lethbridge for work next week for a few days and thinking about bringing my fishing gear. Any decent places to go around there? (never fished there so excuse my ignorance) Will likely bring a couple fly rods and maybe some spinning gear.

Any tips or if someone can point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it!

LC
Old 06-17-2011, 12:55 AM

Fire me a pm with what you are looking to catch and how far you want to travel and I will do my best to help you out. I may also be able to join you for a bit.

Nate
Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 PM

OK it is confirmed now, I will be in Lethbridge for 3 days next week July 11th to the 13th....if anyone wants to get out for a shore fish or fly fishing somewhere let me know. I will be free Monday and Tuesday evenings and will be heading back to Edmonton Wednesday afternoon.

Regards,
LC
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

Take the drive west and hit up the Crowsnest for an evening.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:27 PM

Default Will be around Lethbridge this week

For the folks who live near Lethbridge I will be down there tommorrow till Wednesday, planning on doing a bit of fishing....might hit the river or make a evening trip to Keho. If anyone wants to join me or has a hot tip on where to go let me know. I know a couple decent spots to wade at Keho and have had reasonable luck there on a trip earlier in the year....not sure what the weed situation is now though.

LC
Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 AM

I'd be up for an evening trip to Keho on tuesday
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 AM

Decent browns and pike in Nicolas Sheron pond on the west side.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Sounds good to me! as long as the wind isn't too bad. I brought my waders so kind of limited to where to go on Keho. Loki610, Send me a PM and ill give you my cell number.

I actually stopped in at Keho on my way down to fish for an hour over lunch......3rd cast at the boat launch I got into and landed a 30 inch pike, caught it on a new fly I tied to try and match "fire tiger" type colors....well it works! Was the only hit and only fish I got there before I had to roll my butt to work.....my call today took all of 2 hours so I am going to try and find a place to go fishing around here this evening as well. Thunderstorm watch in effect though....

LC
Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 AM

Old 07-13-2011, 07:20 AM

What a hog! Who is that good looking guy? LOL....there has to be a story about that fish....but I am not telling

Scale says 9lbs 4oz

LC
Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 AM

not too shabby at all! on the fly?
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 PM

We were watching this guy from the local hoot colony pull in several fish and all would go straight into the back of the gator he had, we got a suspicious after the third fish when he continued fishing, also one of the fish looked like a walleye but was hard to tell from the distance. Sure enough he hooks into a monster and is having a hell of a time bringing it in. After a few tries he yells across to us that he needs our net. We used this as a excuse to check out what he was up to and eagerly run down to help. When I got there with the net he had this huge walleye, so we scooped it up in the net and I held it up so he could take the hook out. He grabs the hoop of the net and tries to drag it up the hill to the gator. I tell him its a walleye and has to go back, he disagrees and Lefty backs me up. He wants to take it home to eat, I inform him thats poaching and is illegal. He relents and agrees to release it after we weighed it on Lefty's handy scale and I snapped some pics. They left soon after without catching another fish.
Sad thing is he's probably back there every night keeping everything he catches.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:55 PM

Its a major issue down there
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
not too shabby at all! on the fly?
No it was caught on a spoon from shore......I never caught it but I am happy to say Loki610 and I released it!

LC
Old 07-13-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki610 View Post
We were watching this guy from the local hoot colony pull in several fish and all would go straight into the back of the gator he had, we got a suspicious after the third fish when he continued fishing, also one of the fish looked like a walleye but was hard to tell from the distance. Sure enough he hooks into a monster and is having a hell of a time bringing it in. After a few tries he yells across to us that he needs our net. We used this as a excuse to check out what he was up to and eagerly run down to help. When I got there with the net he had this huge walleye, so we scooped it up in the net and I held it up so he could take the hook out. He grabs the hoop of the net and tries to drag it up the hill to the gator. I tell him its a walleye and has to go back, he disagrees and Lefty backs me up. He wants to take it home to eat, I inform him thats poaching and is illegal. He relents and agrees to release it after we weighed it on Lefty's handy scale and I snapped some pics. They left soon after without catching another fish.
Sad thing is he's probably back there every night keeping everything he catches.
Well played guys Other than that, sounds like ya had a decent trip! Nice pic too, and t-shirt
Cheers n GL!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Well played guys Other than that, sounds like ya had a decent trip! Nice pic too, and t-shirt
Cheers n GL!
You don't recognize the goddess of fishing?....those are clam shells "strategically" placed you know.

All in all was a good night Loki610 caught a nice keeper pike.....just seeing that hog of a walleye let alone being partially responsible for its safe release was worth the trip alone....

LC
Old 07-13-2011, 11:40 PM

Good on you boys for keeping that big fish alive and swimming.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki610 View Post
Yes good on you... but how come you didn't give RAP a call when you already thought he was keeping fish he shouldnt have been? a few tickets and some confiscated gear may have made him think twice about keeeping fish when the regs say no? just wondering.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Yes good on you... but how come you didn't give RAP a call when you already thought he was keeping fish he shouldnt have been? a few tickets and some confiscated gear may have made him think twice about keeeping fish when the regs say no? just wondering.
Unfortunately.....the gator they were driving had no license plate on it. Loki and I talked about it and he said he had made calls before at that same lake.....and due to its location getting someone to come out there before dark (we were evening fishing, these guys showed up just before dark) was extremely unlikely....so unfortuantely we did what we could do without confrontation.

LC
Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Banned

next time call rap asap, then you make a convo with the guy, then you encourage him to keep fishing with you and what not, fish beside the guy, then when r.a.p gets there hes busted, i will pm you the rest , hope he relesed it proper.good work man
Old 07-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Good on you boys for keeping that big fish alive and swimming.
X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 12:16 PM

Yah she was a beauty fish....I was partially jealous I didn't catch it! I was happy to see it released though......

LC
Old 07-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Unfortunately.....the gator they were driving had no license plate on it. Loki and I talked about it and he said he had made calls before at that same lake.....and due to its location getting someone to come out there before dark (we were evening fishing, these guys showed up just before dark) was extremely unlikely....so unfortuantely we did what we could do without confrontation.

LC
Diplomacy worked well in this instance and now the fellow knows that he is on radar. There is that situation where we choose to fish and it's difficult to explain to F&W "we're by that tree, near the rock that looks like a potato, down the road from the farm with the three legged dog...",,, good diplomacy won the day, without confrontation and fisticuffs or worse. And his picture is on this board.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Diplomacy worked well in this instance and now the fellow knows that he is on radar. There is that situation where we choose to fish and it's difficult to explain to F&W "we're by that tree, near the rock that looks like a potato, down the road from the farm with the three legged dog...",,, good diplomacy won the day, without confrontation and fisticuffs or worse. And his picture is on this board.
GM...the picture is of me holding the fish before we released it I want to make sure there are no "wanted" posters out for my capture....we never took pictures of the perpetrators...

...although the more I look at the pic I kind of look like a criminal!!! LOL.

LC
Old 05-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
GM...the picture is of me holding the fish before we released it I want to make sure there are no "wanted" posters out for my capture....we never took pictures of the perpetrators...

...although the more I look at the pic I kind of look like a criminal!!! LOL.

LC
OMG, I've been throwing darts at a series of printouts of this picture for two years and even sold the rights of the picture to a company that makes targets for the military. I also posted that pic down Highway II South every 40' from Calgary to Montana. And my beef wasn't that I thought you were the poacher but someone who should be culled as a consumer and not be allowed to buy T-shirts for himself. The makers of your shirt may actually beleive there is a market for their apparel due your ironic fashion sense. Shame Lefty.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 PM

Oh boy....now my nearly asleep wife is wondering what the heck I am laughing at so hard it is making me cry....thanks for the chuckle Gust.

It's my fishing shirt....complete with the goddess of fishing and her water dragons....notice the strategically placed clam shells....

LC
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 AM

Hooooooo boy!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams