Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2024, 05:27 PM

Default She is back

https://tnc.news/2024/06/06/smith-appoints-redford/

Hasn’t she got enough money off of Alberta? Now comes back to make none. Smith would know that Redford wasn’t for Alberta.

Last edited by Irina; 06-09-2024 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 05:39 PM

Forum rules review time.

Threads that contain only a link to another website or video or news story, that have no added description, comment, or content from poster, will be deleted without notice.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-09-2024, 05:41 PM

Allison Redford --- her track record of waste, patronage and arrogance is still huge.

Is Smith deliberately trying to get the NDP back in? If so she sure is on the right track
Old 06-09-2024, 06:45 PM

I saw.this news feed too. I strongly suggest you write you MLA and the Premier. They should be inundated with push back.

-------- Original message --------

Date: 2024-06-09 18:23 (GMT-07:00)

To: Nally Dale <Morinville.StAlbert@assembly.ab.ca>, premier@gov.ab.ca

Subject: Smith appoints Redford

I feel compelled to write you both about this. I have to wonder if you guys are intentionally trying to give the NDP ammunition or are you just completely out of touch with your voter base. Would be hard to find anyone more distusted or divisve in Alberta politics than Redford. She almost singlhandedly* got the NDP elected and is hated by conservatives and non-conservatives alike. She is the personification of the old entitled, tone deaf, we know better party you guys have worked so hard to distance yourselves from.*

I suggest you reverse the appointment and apolgise for the lapse in judgement. It is what Ralf or Peter would have done, actually Lougheed wouldn’t have made that kind of mistake in the first place.*

Dean
UCP Membership #
Old 06-09-2024, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I saw.this news feed too. I strongly suggest you write you MLA and the Premier. They should be inundated with push back.

-------- Original message --------

Date: 2024-06-09 18:23 (GMT-07:00)

To: Nally Dale <Morinville.StAlbert@assembly.ab.ca>, premier@gov.ab.ca

Subject: Smith appoints Redford

I feel compelled to write you both about this. I have to wonder if you guys are intentionally trying to give the NDP ammunition or are you just completely out of touch with your voter base. Would be hard to find anyone more distusted or divisve in Alberta politics than Redford. She almost singlhandedly* got the NDP elected and is hated by conservatives and non-conservatives alike. She is the personification of the old entitled, tone deaf, we know better party you guys have worked so hard to distance yourselves from.*

I suggest you reverse the appointment and apolgise for the lapse in judgement. It is what Ralf or Peter would have done, actually Lougheed wouldn’t have made that kind of mistake in the first place.*

Dean
UCP Membership #
Been saying for years now, all parties are playing for the same team it seems.
Old 06-09-2024, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
Allison Redford --- her track record of waste, patronage and arrogance is still huge.

Is Smith deliberately trying to get the NDP back in? If so she sure is on the right track
She got them in once before mays well do it again
Old 06-09-2024, 08:14 PM

She truly is The Red Queen....

Off with her Head!

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 06-09-2024, 09:47 PM

That’s a really bad news! Redford will be taking so much fire from left and right. And I’m sure the moment she gets her hands on public funds….
Bad news!
Old 06-09-2024, 10:10 PM

The Red Queen oh the nightmares.
Old 06-10-2024, 05:31 AM

I'm surprised Ratford still lives in Alberta, I would have thought she would have been run out of the province by now. She brings nothing but bad news to Alberta.

2 Tollers is right about giving ammunition to the NDP, they will get boost in support after they elect Nenshi as leader. I can't think of anything positive Ratford brings to the table, I'm not sure what they were thinking of when they hired her.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:33 AM

Default Redford Appointment

Email has been sent to Peter Guthrie (MLA) and Premier Smith's offices. I can't believe they would attach Redford's name to anything UCP related. Really bad idea.
Old 06-10-2024, 09:21 AM

Redford got in because the Teachers, Nurses, and AUPE saw her as supporting their cause from within the Government. That made for alot of votes.

I understand that she was doing consulting work with the Government of Guyana on the offshore oil development and emerging industries.

I do not know if she was paid $1 Million to negotiate with Exxon / Chevron, and set up mirror legislation to Alberta's. That info came from the son of one of the Guyana Federal Cabinet Ministers, but who knows it could be wrong.

Anyways, Redford has international contacts which may help getting investment into Alberta. Truth is it won't mean anything if the Liberals are running Canada. International Oil Co's view Canada as unreliable and a hostile business environment. Then again, the Multi Nationals view the USA that way as well.

Now if only the Left leaning Governments of the World could point to the declining reliance on Oil to show that the last 10 years of suffering were justified.

Maybe that is why right leaning Political Parties are sweeping to power through Europe.

Drewski