Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2024, 07:21 PM

Default Going around RCMP

In neighboring small towns crime is ridiculous. Breaking into sheds,garages, parked cars and in one case tried to get into a house while owner was there.
People are posting pictures of the people and most are methy young people but one guy was in his fifties. Actually one friend of mine caught two guys flying a drone over his farmyard. Took their pictures but they just packed up and left and wouldn't say what they were doing.
Anyway people call RCMP and the rcmp doesn't even come . Can bylaw enforcement or sheriff's do anything or does it have to go through RCMP?
Why are bylaw and sheriff's armed go the teeth if they are not dealing with criminals?
Old 06-13-2024, 07:23 PM

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-13-2024, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post

Actually one friend of mine caught two guys flying a drone over his farmyard.
Took their pictures but they just packed up and left and wouldn't say what they were doing.
Sounds like insurance agents...

Old 06-13-2024, 09:12 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Get off the local social media

Many quacks out there

Or enjoy the coop coffee chat but that’s all it’s worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-13-2024, 09:45 PM

Quote:
In neighboring small towns crime is ridiculous. Breaking into sheds,garages, parked cars and in one case tried to get into a house while owner was there.
People are posting pictures of the people and most are methy young people but one guy was in his fifties. Actually one friend of mine caught two guys flying a drone over his farmyard. Took their pictures but they just packed up and left and wouldn't say what they were doing.
Anyway people call RCMP and the rcmp doesn't even come . Can bylaw enforcement or sheriff's do anything or does it have to go through RCMP?
Why are bylaw and sheriff's armed go the teeth if they are not dealing with criminals?
Sheriff pulled me over because my registration was expired a month on my new truck near Okotoks. He let me register it on line while he wrote two tickets. No paperwork and a tint ticket. Lol, I’m 52 and apparently a mennice. Guess that day, I was the criminal.
Somebody once told me that if you find someone in your home (rural) and you happen to have the resources to deal with it at hand. That there are only two people that know the intruder is in your home. You and him. Let your concious decide the outcome.

That’s just what I heard.

Tullfan
Old 06-13-2024, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Get off the local social media

Many quacks out there

Or enjoy the coop coffee chat but that’s all it’s worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get off the token and keyboard strokin'
Old 06-14-2024, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
Sounds like insurance agents...

Was the drone in shotgun range?

Isaiah 5:8
Old 06-14-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullfan View Post
Sheriff pulled me over because my registration was expired a month on my new truck near Okotoks. He let me register it on line while he wrote two tickets. No paperwork and a tint ticket. Lol, I’m 52 and apparently a mennice. Guess that day, I was the criminal.
Somebody once told me that if you find someone in your home (rural) and you happen to have the resources to deal with it at hand. That there are only two people that know the intruder is in your home. You and him. Let your concious decide the outcome.

Tullfan
You don't know how many other people know he/she is there, unfortunately.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I feel like we might be geographically close. Our it could be that the whole country is turning to crap. lol
Old 06-14-2024, 08:54 AM

My friend, a local lifetime farmer, passed away. Had to book a gymnasium for the funeral as everyone in the county was gonna be there.

I went to the local detachment and explained that every farm and ranch was going to be vacant due to this funeral.

They looked at me like "so?".....

I told them if I figured it out, and the creeps in the area figured it out, could the RCMP figure it out too....?

Reactive vs proactive. A lot of talk and a little action.

A month ago my sis saw a car parked about a mile in between the ranch and the local colony. She was on horseback and had her rifle in a scabbord. The guy in the car was just sitting. She asked if he was ok. He said he was just hanging out, but he was a local crackhead and she recognized him. He asked her "are you gonna shoot me"? Sis being sis said "should I ?"

So she just walked the horse into the ditch and milled about and he spun out of there and headed back towards the highway. I know guys can drive the roads as they please, but nothing wrong with being "neighbourly" and having a chat...

Last edited by huntinstuff; 06-14-2024 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:09 AM

I know I'm comfortably married, but Huntin' I must say I also love your sister. That's just great.

I do a lot of work with law enforcement, stuff I can't post on a public forum, but suffice to say a number of the folks in the RCMP that I deal with are equally frustrated with the lack of consequences to the people that are causing us a lot of heartburn (for lack of a better expression).
Old 06-14-2024, 09:51 AM

I deal with a ton of farm families every year. I hear the same from them what Huntinstuff said. Random vehicles parked and watching or coming right into the yard and giving the old "oh sorry, I thought this was the smith farm" speech. It is the same story, they all know who the local scumbags are, know they are behind the break ins etc and the RCMP only do something after an incident.

I am surprised more self protection does not happen but I know why after seeing what the law did to the few that tried it. It is brutal out in the farmland and the cities.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I deal with a ton of farm families every year. I hear the same from them what Huntinstuff said. Random vehicles parked and watching or coming right into the yard and giving the old "oh sorry, I thought this was the smith farm" speech. It is the same story, they all know who the local scumbags are, know they are behind the break ins etc and the RCMP only do something after an incident.

I am surprised more self protection does not happen but I know why after seeing what the law did to the few that tried it. It is brutal out in the farmland and the cities.

More and more rural people are protecting themselves with gates out of necessity, myself included.

Old 06-14-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullfan View Post

Tullfan
Yep….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0495.jpg (44.4 KB, 238 views)
Old 06-14-2024, 11:15 AM

Grizzly gates help, but most time they just plow through them with their trucks.
Old 06-14-2024, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Grizzly gates help, but most time they just plow through them with their trucks.
Not their own trucks.
Old 06-14-2024, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
The real value with gates is it prevents the “oops I made a wrong turn” or I am looking for directions. If you keep your gate locked and see someone coming up you driveway, their intentions are pretty clear
Old 06-14-2024, 02:39 PM

Cop didn't like the way I went through a stop sign at a T intersection in Olds today, lights and siren, he had it staked out and I saw him parked in the right angled street, right in the driving lane, so I was extra cautious. First thing on approaching my vehicle was a breath test demand. WTF. I informed him of my concerns that he had a lack of probable course, but noone had taken it to the supreme court yet, I did blow, but wasn't good for my self restraint. One would only hope they took property crime this seriously.

Old 06-14-2024, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Cop didn't like the way I went through a stop sign at a T intersection in Olds today, lights and siren, he had it staked out and I saw him parked in the right angled street, right in the driving lane, so I was extra cautious. First thing on approaching my vehicle was a breath test demand. WTF. I informed him of my concerns that he had a lack of probable course, but noone had taken it to the supreme court yet, I did blow, but wasn't good for my self restraint. One would only hope they took property crime this seriously.
You value a property crime over safety?
It’s a good thing they are out making sure people aren’t bombed and having head ons with families.
Although property crimes suck, there is so much theft and vandalism out there that it’s not even close to being possible to “look into” them.
By the time an investigationare is completed , 5 more thefts have occurred.
The sad reality.
And if the cops did hire more officers specifically for theft investigations, the courts would just let em walk anyway.
Stiffer consequences wouldn’t stop it but it would probably slow down a bit.
The sad reality.
The real culprit?
Addiction.
Get addicts better help and throw dealers to the gator pit.
Only then will we see a reduction in property crimes.
Old 06-14-2024, 04:33 PM

I work for a pipeline company. A farmer told us a white van was parked on his land and the guys in it said they worked for the my company and were inspecting the pipeline. After the farmer informed them that the pipeline was on the other side of the road they left.

Not hard to put two and two together there.

You know the old saying, S.S.S
Old 06-14-2024, 04:39 PM

Angry Memory test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
They no longer need probable cause, or reasonable cause, to pull you over and administer a breathalyzer test. This was discussed here 5 years ago; with the usual suspects defending draconian laws that give the appearance of creating public safety; without understanding what they were actually endorsing.
They don't take property crime seriously because it doesn't generate enough revenue for our profit driven legal system. Issuing you a ticket does; you are guilty, without recourse, when they decide you are guilty...and they need to meet $$ quota.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=364397

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=365728

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=391327

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-14-2024, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
It’s a good thing they are out making sure people aren’t bombed and having head ons with families.
Although property crimes suck, there is so much theft and vandalism out there that it’s not even close to being possible to “look into” them.
The sad reality.
And if the cops did hire more officers specifically for theft investigations, the courts would just let em walk anyway.
The sad reality.
The real culprit?
Addiction.
The simple fact is that it costs money to solve property crimes, and to deal with the offenders, whereas traffic tickets bring in revenue, so of course the priority will be handing out traffic tickets.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
The real value with gates is it prevents the “oops I made a wrong turn” or I am looking for directions. If you keep your gate locked and see someone coming up you driveway, their intentions are pretty clear
My driveway is about 400 yards. Problem with gate is if bad guys walk in I won't hear or probably see them.
If you only lock the gate while your gone then bad guys know you're gone when gate is shut or locked.
I want neighbors or friends to visit me and gate won't encourage this.
Bad guys carry cell phones and call 911 as soon as confronted. RCMP would keep me in jail while loot my house for guns and bad guys released before me.
I thought about putting a rifle target at end of my driveway. More worried about attracting trouble from police. Plus a friend of mine did this at his farm and he still had bad guys coming in and dumping stolen trucks and stealing his.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
The sad reality.
The sad reality.
The real culprit?
Addiction.
These zombies don't seem to even care about getting caught and most people including RCMP know exactly who they are and where they live.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:29 PM

We should support the left when they say defund the police. Only reason these thief’s exist is because we can’t shoot them. Law and order protects criminals.
Old 06-14-2024, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The simple fact is that it costs money to solve property crimes, and to deal with the offenders, whereas traffic tickets bring in revenue, so of course the priority will be handing out traffic tickets.
Thing is……would elk hunter rather have a drunkin missile on the hiway or a theif? There’s only one correct answer……
Easier…. And better to do do traffic stops… or no?
Old 06-15-2024, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Thing is……would elk hunter rather have a drunkin missile on the hiway or a theif? There’s only one correct answer……
Easier…. And better to do do traffic stops… or no?
Would talking moose rather have ,a guy that rolled a stop sign ,or an armed intruder confronting your family in your home? There is only one correct answer. Those armed intruders will continue endangering people until they are stopped, so finding and arresting them can save lives.
Old 06-15-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Would talking moose rather have ,a guy that rolled a stop sign ,or an armed intruder confronting your family in your home? There is only one correct answer. Those armed intruders will continue endangering people until they are stopped, so finding and arresting them can save lives.
Pretty sure when we are discussing property crimes, we are discussing theft and vandalism.
Not home invasions and ak47’s…… lol. Slow down your imagination.
Robbery and theft is totally different.
They take armed robbery serious.
Unlike theft.
Old 06-15-2024, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Pretty sure when we are discussing property crimes, we are discussing theft and vandalism.
Unlike theft.
Yeah right, like the recent home invasion in Caroline, cops get there well after the fact and issue the usual politically correct public appeal, for a couple of guys who could be anybody. Of course, they're still at large,

Old 06-15-2024, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Unlike theft.
I'm not one lick convinced they'd take armed robbery seriously. Why would they? The wimpy ole judges just let the perps go. I have friends & family been in years, them & me can't believe the woke, virtue-signaling BS that comes from the front line & management RC's.

They need to be replaced ASAP, them & everyone who's been unfortunate enough to interact with them know it. Their excuse is the prosecutors & the judges, arrest the perps, get after them, do a little work, create some discomfort for the perps. Naw, it's somebody else's problem!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King