Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 PM

Default $50 RCBS rebate check arrived this week!

Just unpacked it and my son was calibrating and playing with it while I was reading the manual. Lists at $485. with sale at Natchez now at $279. and I also ordered 30 cal collet to bring it over $300. to qualify for the RCBS $50 rebate. Net cost after $50 shipping is still $279.
Wish I had a run of ready brass to try it but nothing worthwhile empty to justify turning this baby on. Programable memory by calibre, bullet weight, powder description and charge weight for up to 30 different charges.

Big thick catalogue of other goodies included in box so we can dream about even more reloading supplies. Noticed a few things just glancing at the catelogue that shouldn't be a problem to import into Canada and both Gerber and Puma knives seem to be half of what they are in Canada.
Bushnell 8mb trail cameras are $130 cheaper at $200. each and that is with just glancing at a few prices.
Bullet packages for reloading my favorite 22 -250 round in the 55 grain SPSX is $13. a box if you order 10 boxes as compared to $18. here.
This could be the start of a long business relationship!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 PM

I bought mine from them as well a couple years ago. Then wondered why I didn't buy one a long time ago.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 PM

You won't get the bullets in. U.S. Homeland Security can't clamp down on Mexican drug dealers so they clamp down on reloaders.

I have one, too, and love it. There's some trick about a straw that I read somewhere here and forgot it. Maybe somebody could post that instruction again, pls?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM

Rob I have about 100 prepped 223 brass ready to charge. If you're really itching to fire that puppy up I could swing by with some H4895 and you can see how it meters.
Heck I'll even pay you. How does 6 bucks sound lol!

Congrats on the new toy. I'd like a case prep center first. Then one day a chargemaster! And yes that Natchez catalog has some great stuff with great prices in it! and then a turret press and then....
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Default Come on over FAF

Your $6 is still sitting on the wolf. my son took it for lunch money one day and I made him pay it back saying it was a clients change!!

Now I have 3 surplus powder measures and a Redfield balance scale I no longer need. Itching to play with the new toy
Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Your $6 is still sitting on the wolf. my son took it for lunch money one day and I made him pay it back saying it was a clients change!!

Now I have 3 surplus powder measures and a Redfield balance scale I no longer need. Itching to play with the new toy
You're going to love it This thing is just so easy to use, and clean up is a breeze too. Cuts my loading time down by probably 70% if not more.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I bought mine from them as well a couple years ago. Then wondered why I didn't buy one a long time ago.
ditto here, best reloading accessory ever