View Poll Results: Do you believe in Sasquatch and it is in our province?>
No, not a chance! 326 32.34%
Yes, I believe! 249 24.70%
Possibly, but I need to see the proof. 351 34.82%
Who is this AlbertaSasquatch guy and what is he thinking? 82 8.13%
Voters: 1008. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2009, 02:31 PM

Talking Hunters, Anglers and Sasquatch

Hello everyone, let me first introduce myself. My name is Rob and I live here in Central Alberta. I am a husband, father, business owner, hunter, angler, and here it comes......Sasquatch researcher here in Alberta.

The reason I bring this up is because I got to thinking, who are the most likely people to have a sighting, see a footprint, or simply have a strange encounter?

So then I started thinking about who is out in the woods more than anyone else? The answer was simple. Hunters/Anglers/Hikers make up the biggest percentage of people that are in the woods on a regular basis.

Now, I buy Alberta Outdoorsmen religously, no I don't subscribe, I pay the high shelf price lol. I have always known that there was a forum here but I never thought to use it as a resource to collect more reports from the people that are out there the most.

So I am asking for you members that have had strange things happen to you, whether it is something you saw, heard or simply felt to come forward and let me know about it. You can PM me and I promise, your privacy is my number one concern, or you can check out my website at albertasasquatch.com, just remember it is still a work in progress and maybe some of you can help me out. Thank you guys/gals, I really do appreciate any kind of information you can send my way!

AlbertaSasquatch
Old 09-02-2009, 02:39 PM

I can't believe I forgot you guys/gals, but to all you trappers out there, I apologize. You should probably be number one on my list of people most likely to have a Sasquatch experience!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM

Saw your website....plan to check in often.
Very intriguing to me, although, officially, my jury is still out.....
Old 09-02-2009, 02:46 PM

pretty neat even if you don't believe.....but next time you are in the bush and hear some strange noises then coyotes calls, instead of blaming yotes first, pick up to good sticks and bang them together, 2 or 3 times, then wait a minute or two, and do it again. bang them nice and loud. IF you hear some banging back, wait a few more minutes then do it again. you will find over the course of the night the response will get closer and closer.

That is my "strange happening"
and I dont care who knows. lol

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:59 PM

I am hoping to get another Sasquatch.....the taxidermist really screwed up when he did the first one I shot....the ears are all wrong etc etc
Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I am hoping to get another Sasquatch.....the taxidermist really screwed up when he did the first one I shot....the ears are all wrong etc etc
LMFAO
Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Haha. Huntin you never fail to find a way to knock all the seriousness out of a topic. We need a couple guys like you at work to lighten the mood a bit.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbosch View Post
Haha. Huntin you never fail to find a way to knock all the seriousness out of a topic. We need a couple guys like you at work to lighten the mood a bit.
You should see me when Im sober!!!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You should see me when Im sober!!!!!
The thought scares me a little actually..
Old 09-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Truthfully, the only way people will ever fully believe in the existence of Bigfoot is if one is shot or found dead and brought in for DNA testing. There are WAY too many videos or stories that turn out to be fake. But that would take one BIG set of marbles to pull the trigger on a giant, hairy, human-like figure while out in the bush. I don't think I could be the guy that does that.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
Truthfully, the only way people will ever fully believe in the existence of Bigfoot is if one is shot or found dead and brought in for DNA testing. There are WAY too many videos or stories that turn out to be fake. But that would take one BIG set of marbles to pull the trigger on a giant, hairy, human-like figure while out in the bush. I don't think I could be the guy that does that.
From the stories over the years, it sounds like you wil have to pull the trigger a number of times. I have read that they have been shot then getup and run, screaming. I agree tho, I couldn't pull the trigger either

Old 04-20-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Got my first Sasquatch when I was 11 years old. 10'9" monster.

Now I hunt them strictly for meat. 2-3 year olds.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Question

That's quite the spacing between the footprints and the snow looks to be deep as well so.......
Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Banned

Good stride going uphill, and what's interesting is it looks like you can see the shape of a foot as opposed to the shape of a boot. Cool...would have been interesting to see what made them. Also it doesn't look like there are any drag marks like you'd usually see...although they may have filled in with snow.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
pretty neat even if you don't believe.....but next time you are in the bush and hear some strange noises then coyotes calls, instead of blaming yotes first, pick up to good sticks and bang them together, 2 or 3 times, then wait a minute or two, and do it again. bang them nice and loud. IF you hear some banging back, wait a few more minutes then do it again. you will find over the course of the night the response will get closer and closer.

Echo...echo...echooooooooo

I know they are supposedly protected, but if one was coming toward me, I would be inclined to shoot, thats after I made sure it wasn't my uncle. My grandpa had to kill a bear with an axe while out chopping fire wood, another with a 22. when it attacked his camp, so I dont think the caliber is an issue, im sure a pure silver bullet from a 25 pounder howitzer would suffice, followed by the top of the line laser guided wooden spike to the heart. I would be sure to make sure what I was sure what I was looking at, you mess up on identifications some times, for example, when I was about 4, I punched my cousin in the face, I then said: "OH!! Im sorry Paige, I thought you were a wolf!" ... Everyone makes mistakes Just remember to check hair density before the shot, also what works with my uncle, swish some coffee in your mug, if its my uncle, he'll speed up, if its sasquatch... well... we'll have to do more research to deside on his reaction...
To aid in your education on sasquatch awareness, I present you this short educational film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJF0cuYbYyI
Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Jimmer View Post
Echo...echo...echooooooooo
How far does an echo carry in the bush??

Old 11-24-2009, 08:48 AM

If your a duck, not at all.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post

I have heard of this same thing but it was described as sounding like someone took a baseball bat and hit a tree and then very quickly it would be 50 yards in a different direction. And no this isnt bull****
Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 PM

Not Only do I beleave were , not the only ones on this planet , I beleave theres gotta be some creatures out there .

After going out and scouting today , I heard a little rustleing threw the bush. I thought it was a moose , All I could see is Dark fur . And then I froze , and missed a shot with the bow , as it was a good 80 yard shot . All I could hear was crunch crunch crunch crunch . And it was gone .

Apprently someone got em ,
Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Albertahog

Sasquatch I dont think so .
Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Default How could I not?

For the same reasons previously mentioned in this thread, I believe that there is a strong chance that there are "others" inhabiting the woods.

How often does one come across a cougar carcass in the woods, or for that matter, human? We bury our dead, out of tradition, and cultural beliefs. Would it be too much to suggest that a critter who resembles humans more than any other animal in the bush, could practice the same belief? or some other way of honoring their dead?

Ask any hunter I know and they will attest that in sitting in a blind silently for hours on end without anyone else in the near area if they are absolutely in tune with their surroundings. They will pickup almost anything that is walking in the bush in close proximity to their blind. If YOU grew up in the woods, primed with instinct, and aware of humans - which is most certainly the case, don't you think they would detect us tens of miles before we ever would detect them?

If they are in the primate family, it would be a reasonable assumption that they are omnivores, and can reside in a wide range of ecosystems. This would attest to the stories of their range of inhabitation. Perhaps they forage? We do not know. As for scat? When was the last time you came across human scat in the woods? and we are the most abundant predator in the world, on all continents. If you learned from your parents and elders that your primary predator is a human, and that you should steer clear of them, yourself equipped with much higher senses as humans have, wouldn’t it be very simple to stay in the shadows?

I believe that they do exist, and we will find evidence of their existence, one day. Until then, I don't sweat the bumps in the night. They don't have guns.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 AM

This has been great everyone!! I can't believe the responses we have received on this thread. Not only am I glad to see that some people believe that these creatures exist, but some of you have had actual experiences with these creatures! But it is also nice to see a healthy amount of skepticism, because it is needed for things to progress. Keep it coming guys and gals!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:45 AM

I have personally seen tracks, and they were extremely fresh! And heres why I am convinced they were NOT hoaxed: I was a mile and a half back in a swamp, the tracks were three times deeper then I could stomp my boots into the crusted snow. Why, and how, could a 500-700 lb person hoax these tracks that far back in the wilderness, no roads for almost two miles, in the hopes that someone would happen to come across them? If it was a hoax, it would have been done close to a road where somebody would definitly find them. Those trracks were real! The length of stride was again another convincing element, it was probably close to 6-7 foot in stride. Again, a 500-700 lb man will not have this length of stride. I know what I seen and I'm convinced of what they were and what made them.
I have a cousin who's kid and best friend had one step in front of thier quads during a daytime ride.
I have an uncle who is retired from the US forestry dept. and he swears they are out there, he had to follow up on a few sightings in northern Minnesota.
I know a handful of people who claim to have seen one. These people are friends of mine and have reputations of being honest and upright people.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Gone Hunting

Of course I believe. I was married to his sister.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-26-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Of course I believe. I was married to his sister.
Glad to see you aren't bitter, frog
Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM

I find it quite interesting .. and encouraging that on an outdoorsmen forum ... where people who are here spend a lot of time in the bush... the poll is sitting at 60% possibility of sasquatches existance....
Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 PM

I believe it's real a scientist measured the Jacobs creature at its location of filming and found its proportions were not of a bear.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:09 PM

So has anyone watched the BFRO team investigate Kananaskis, Alberta???
It was very interesting!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 PM

Hey everyone! Well it's that time of year again, time to resurrect everyone's favorite thread! I know, I know, some of you are probably sick of Sasquatch, what with all the exposure on TV that it's getting now, and I am sure some of you regular posters are sick of me and this thread. Sorry! But this thread has been a gold mine so I have to keep bringing it back from the dead. Unfortunately those new zombie bullets aren't going to kill it!

So now that everyone is shaking off that case of cabin fever and probably planning on getting out into the wild, I just want to remind everyone to keep their eyes and ears open and if you should come across anything strange or if you ever have, please drop me a line or check out my site at albertasasquatch.com. To all those people who sent in reports, Thank you and I hope to talk to some of you soon!

Cheers!
Rob
Old 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM

First of all, for those who don't want to read all the posts, its not sasquatch, its samsquantch. And yes it is real. My cousins, friends, sisters boyfriends, great great uncle seen him.

Tags
bigfoot sasquatch