Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Exclamation Snowmobilers, A ice fishermans nightmare!

First if all, to all you snowmobilers, stay off are lakes! Your so annoying and scare all the fishies away. Its hard enough to relax out there and fish without *neeeeeowwwwewwwwwwwww* guy passing the ice shack!

Anyone else have this frusteration?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
First if all, to all you snowmobilers, stay off are lakes! Your so annoying and scare all the fishies away. Its hard enough to relax out there and fish without *neeeeeowwwwewwwwwwwww* guy passing the ice shack!

Anyone else have this frusteration?
seems the answer to your questions is; not really

share and share alike, there are disrespectful people everywhere, cant change that. If its an issue go someplace to fish where there are no snowmobilers. I ride my snowmobile to ice fish all the time, its the only reason I own one.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Default Sledders vs. fishermen

Bluegrass, what do you think is more distracting to a fish; a sled speeding by for 2 seconds or an auger drilling holes? I drill upwards of 100 holes in a day and have no trouble catching fish. I also use a sled when I'm fishing(no truck on the ice for me)and have towed my ice sleigh close to 100mph. I even periodically start my snowmachine while I'm fishing and it doesn't seem to effect my catch rate. What lake are you talking about? Do you own it? No? Then shut up!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyemagnet View Post
Bluegrass, what do you think is more distracting to a fish; a sled speeding by for 2 seconds or an auger drilling holes? I drill upwards of 100 holes in a day and have no trouble catching fish. I also use a sled when I'm fishing(no truck on the ice for me)and have towed my ice sleigh close to 100mph. I even periodically start my snowmachine while I'm fishing and it doesn't seem to effect my catch rate. What lake are you talking about? Do you own it? No? Then shut up!
Amen!

Of course you are wrong for using your auger among a bunch of ice fishermen. You have no place for doing that and should stop it. In fact all ice fishers should stop drilling holes in lakes as it scares the fish!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyemagnet View Post
this is simple as pic a #say 15 guys sitting on a lake ice fishing year after year how many will kill them selves or. an other due to there actions none maybe 1 falls thru the ice now take 15 sledded useing another lake to do what they do as they wish if we look at the canadian average in the first yr 2 will kill them self and one other, now put them all in the one lake to do as they wish now we know most of the fish r localized say 30% of the lake now the sledded have 70% of the lake to use as they wish sum how they still kill one of there own and inocent dude sitting on a pale and yes we all own the lake and it is our right as Canadians to insure that every one else treats it and every body useing said lake with respect. if this was the case this thread would not be here to join ! I am not bashing rspectful lake users in any way just the dummies that put others at risk and 4 sum reason they all seem to ride sleds and quads
Old 01-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
I am not bashing rspectful lake users in any way just the dummies that put others at risk and 4 sum reason they all seem to ride sleds and quads
You forgot to mention the jet ski's and speedboats in the summer.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
You forgot to mention the jet ski's and speedboats in the summer.
oh dont get me started on the open water idiots u know my fave is the # 1albertadouch with the 25'offshore boat on pine lake ,is it a mile long haha. I save all my old line just 4 him
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
oh dont get me started on the open water idiots u know my fave is the # 1albertadouch with the 25'offshore boat on pine lake ,is it a mile long haha. I save all my old line just 4 him
You are a menace to society if you put out hazards targetting boats, very illegal and dangerous and besides you don't know the individual who likes to be on his boat,, some people like boating, floating about. If his boat has caused damage or a hazard to you report the vessel but don't be a douchebag and cause an accident to him or other unsuspecting boaters, jetskis, waterskiiers on the water.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
this is simple as pic a #say 15 guys sitting on a lake ice fishing year after year how many will kill them selves or. an other due to there actions none maybe 1 falls thru the ice now take 15 sledded useing another lake to do what they do as they wish if we look at the canadian average in the first yr 2 will kill them self and one other, now put them all in the one lake to do as they wish now we know most of the fish r localized say 30% of the lake now the sledded have 70% of the lake to use as they wish sum how they still kill one of there own and inocent dude sitting on a pale and yes we all own the lake and it is our right as Canadians to insure that every one else treats it and every body useing said lake with respect. if this was the case this thread would not be here to join ! I am not bashing rspectful lake users in any way just the dummies that put others at risk and 4 sum reason they all seem to ride sleds and quads
I think your stats are unsupported. Very few individuals die from snowmobiling on lakes. Lots of guys die high marking in the mountains though. I would probably say more trucks go through the ice than sleds in a year but that's only speculation.

Sledding on a big flat area with no hidden debris, obstructions, blind spots, hills, etc is pretty much the safest place to snowmobile. That's why people do it!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
But not the mountains? Or lakes? Good! Cause I would be shaking my fist...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
I think your stats are unsupported. Very few individuals die from snowmobiling on lakes. Lots of guys die high marking in the mountains though. I would probably say more trucks go through the ice than sleds in a year but that's only speculation.

Sledding on a big flat area with no hidden debris, obstructions, blind spots, hills, etc is pretty much the safest place to snowmobile. That's why people do it!
u r correct my info is poor just listening to the local radio. sledded killed on slyvan last yr very sad, quader dead in sask this yr all ready. so where as one would think that it would be hard to get hurt on a big mostly empty flat surface our frnds that sled and quad still manage to sho there quality
Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

I sled AND I fish...sometimes I even sled to where I'm going to fish. Both activities are equally enjoyable pastimes for me. Around here with the lack of snow, sledding on a lake is about the only place that you can go right now.

Last edited by lilsundance; 12-30-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 PM

Lakes are for everyone. I plan on quading with my ice gear once i'm healed in the new year. Same as boats in the summer, just stay 100 yards or more away from tents.

I won't be doing 80 mph accross the ice either.

Just respect each other on the ice.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 PM

Default sledders

Your probably the same guy that complains in the summer when I take my kids tubing. Unless you have a lake in your backyard deal with it. I pay my taxes just like you and if my family and I want to run the lake we will but we stay away from the fishing. I ice fish too been out three times this year already and lots of sledders come by its nice to see people enjoying this mild winter.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman403 View Post
Your probably the same guy that complains in the summer when I take my kids tubing. Unless you have a lake in your backyard deal with it. I pay my taxes just like you and if my family and I want to run the lake we will but we stay away from the fishing. I ice fish too been out three times this year already and lots of sledders come by its nice to see people enjoying this mild winter.
you could not off said it better,we all need to unwind and have some fun, life isnt always about work and issues, everybody have a great time sleeding,quading,ice fishing , and my favorite a small fire and a burnt hot dog.play safe everyone,
Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM

Scare the fish away......that's funny.......I use my snowmobile to go ice fishing and I still catch fish..... guess the ones I catch are deaf.................
Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Spray lakes will cure what ails you
Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm_boy View Post
Scare the fish away......that's funny.......I use my snowmobile to go ice fishing and I still catch fish..... guess the ones I catch are deaf.................

LoL i dont think you get it when you get to where you are gonna fish you shut your sled off right!!!! try catching a fish with your sled reved out at 6000 rpm and then post the pics of your awsome catch.

its wile you are fishing thats the problem he is having i have had sleds run over and break my tip ups going mach chicken 80 mile an hour twenty feet from my hut and if it happens again ill jam a tent pole in the bogy system and use there empty head as a bobber!!! the lake is for everyone but dumb asses feel free to stay home.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:26 PM

I use my sleds to get us and our gear around the lake when ice fishing. We dont go fast and when we come up to group, we stop on the outer edge and walk in if we want to see how the fishing is. When I am recreational riding the sled on a lake, I stay far away from any group, not because I think we will scare the fish, just to be curtious. Some on sleds are like the seadoo idiots, have to be showing off close to people. I think most try to stay clear or slow down when going by. As for scaring fish, if a sled scares them, so does ice augers and vehicles driving around.