Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2024, 09:39 AM

Default Puzzles - Anyone Do Them

The wife has a puzzle on the go pretty much all the time, if I'm bored I will sit down for a while and work on it, we just finished a 3,000 piece, took us a long, long time, the colors meshed so much it made me cross eyed.
Puzzle.jpg

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-02-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
The wife has a puzzle on the go pretty much all the time, if I'm bored I will sit down for a while and work on it, we just finished a 3,000 piece, took us a long, long time, the colors meshed so much it made me cross eyed.

Attachment 189435
I hear you on the vision problem. I wouldn't last long on one that blends the similar colours like that.

I have a few motorcycle puzzles that I did years ago. I disassembled them in big pieces so I could reassemble them later if I decided to frame them.

Has your wife ever framed some that she's completed? I've always wondered how that turns out. With gluing and all that.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2024, 09:59 AM

Nope never tried to frame one, we just do them and pass them on usually to my sister as we trade back and forth, the wife volunteers 3 days a week at the Olive Tree store so gets them for a couple $$ when they are all done with them she donates them back to the store to be resold, this one measures 46 x 33

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.

Last edited by waldedw; 03-02-2024 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:24 AM

My father was crazy about puzzles in his younger years, he used to build them with the photo side down when he got bored. I guess now we have social media to kill time.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-02-2024, 10:39 AM

I don't do them much but when my Mom was still with us She would always have one on the go. We would usually end up huddled over a puzzle when we visited.
Before Covid the Library had a couple of tables with puzzles on the go, people would just come and go. You might see 2-3 people at a table, was a sort of meeting place.
Old 03-02-2024, 11:34 AM

For a while I would pick up a new puzzle from Cabela’s for my grandfather. About every month or so when I would come out to the farm. He really liked the wildlife ones.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:28 PM

Not that type of puzzle...but I play wordle, wordhurdle, quordle and dordle daily.