Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Default Occupy protests

Someone said that a few sites have been visited at night by people with infrared cameras...only to note that most tents are empty. Just killing grass to make a statement.

wonder if that is true.

Now that winter is hear...does anyone really believe someone is in those tents...except the odd drug addict or violent person banned from a shelter?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Apparently infra-red sensors were used by police during the night in the 'Occupy' protest in Britain, and the empty tents removed. I haven't heard of that tactic being used elsewhere.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

I'm all for a true protest but I became quite angry last week when a protester in Calgary complained that the FREE FOOD provided by St Mary's Parish was substandard and not enough,, Exsqueeze me?? What?? What did he just say?? Come again??

If you want a tent city fine,, if you want to protest fine but if you want a tent city under the guise of a protest, well get your priorities straight,, the protest is about an out of control financial center not about homelessness, even though the former has caused the latter stateside, it's still not what the protest is about.

,,,, "The Free Food was substandard",,, there are working poor who rely and more than usually volunteer with the food bank after receiving a hamper,, I almost put my fist through the TV screen and thought about heading down to the impromptu tent city and having a word with people about the graciousness of others who made food available and to be thankful that some spent the day making them food. What a disgrace.

Last edited by Gust; 11-05-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:58 PM

Remember Remember the fifth of November
Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by little archer_99 View Post
Got it.

But.

But,

St Mary's Parish -which is Catholic- gave the protestees free food to which they -sometimes wearing masks of Guy Fawkes- found to be substandard, which would have been a slap to the face of Fawkes who was trying to reinstate catholicism in merry ol' 400 year, grudge holding, england.

November 5th actually celebrates the safety of the king of merry ol grudge holding brits,,, so in cruel irony, the occupy protestees are spouting a date that celebrates an absolute monarchy, an elite, a blue blood, the first big dirty money gathered from the down trodden.

Though roast chestnuts and fireworks would be good right now.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Here's a good take on the occupiers.
http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&load=6158&mpid=56
Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little archer_99 View Post
Interesting...In the movie the government were true villains...killing people that disagreed with them...stifling opposition and counter opinions. Now some people seem to follow the fanatic mania and link the movie icon with some kids that feel they deserve more...for doing less.

So in true form...our villainous government is allowing most of these persons to illegally camp...provide toilets...seek condom donations...and try and stop homeless people finding shelter.

Seriously...remember remember the fifth of November...as the day these druggies started overdosing. Maybe if Vancouver did not allow an illegal party in the park...the woman would still be alive. But hey...these are the quality of people that feel they know what is best for everyone else. 1,000,000 people in Calgary...and 25 are protesting.

I wish they would at least pick a topic. This randomly generated protest babble not only lost steam...but precipitated out and left in the storm drains.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:36 PM

hey found this the other day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
I'm all for a true protest but I became quite angry last week when a protester in Calgary complained that the FREE FOOD provided by St Mary's Parish was substandard and not enough,, Exsqueeze me?? What?? What did he just say?? Come again??

If you want a tent city fine,, if you want to protest fine but if you want a tent city under the guise of a protest, well get your priorities straight,, the protest is about an out of control financial center not about homelessness, even though the former has caused the latter stateside, it's still not what the protest is about.

,,,, "The Free Food was substandard",,, there are working poor who rely and more than usually volunteer with the food bank after receiving a hamper,, I almost put my fist through the TV screen and thought about heading down to the impromptu tent city and having a word with people about the graciousness of others who made food available and to be thankful that some spent the day making them food. What a disgrace.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Default Occupy camp outs coming to an end

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/13/us/occ...ent/index.html

Portland
Salt Lake City
Denver
St. Louis
Oakland

Further shut downs coming. What people are being told...you can gather and protest till you are blue in the face...no problem...but you can't illegally camp.

When is Calgary going to get the message? Next week when in snows? Lack of responsibility will mean this will continue to happen and happen again in the future also.

Interesting.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/13/us/occ...ent/index.html

Portland
Salt Lake City
Denver
St. Louis
Oakland

Further shut downs coming. What people are being told...you can gather and protest till you are blue in the face...no problem...but you can't illegally camp.

When is Calgary going to get the message? Next week when in snows? Lack of responsibility will mean this will continue to happen and happen again in the future also.

Interesting.
Our Pansy of a mayor doesnt care.
He is allowing the damage to the park to continue. We the tax payers will pay for it. Last I heard that bill is atleast 50K.

Calgary voted wrong and now like the americans are paying for the bad decisions we made.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutline homestead View Post
hey found this the other day.
I find it shocking when people are proud of this crap.

Worked 301 of 365 days?

Is he insane?

would this not be defined as slavery?

Where is the quality of life?