Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD View Post
First off l dont sky bust at birds out of range , very seldom do l cripple , and if l do the dog go,s in and gets it , guess the dog will get the tresspassing ticket then.
Problem number one is that the very act of pass shooting is difficult to do. Maybe you are a marksman BUD. With Geese at different elevations every flock, varying speeds, as well as wind drift, the computer we call a brain can not consistently select the right amount of lead to give the target every time.
People other than an extremely talented and practiced shooter, that throws thousands of rounds down the tube every year, could not help but cripple birds. Don't lie to us here and tell us that with this scenario you kill almost every bird that you shoot at. I call shenanigans on that one.

[/QUOTE]Also like l said , l have set up in fields many , many times under my home made decoys and have geese land in my face also , in fact up at youngstown one time l had a goose land right on top of my pit cover , could have grabbed it by the leg.[/QUOTE]

If you could do this then why would you want to screw up somebody else's hunt? If the landowner didn't give you permission to shoot the field they will be choked that you are sitting in the ditch "trespassing". Your dog is your property. You can't have your property on his property. Why not just send the dog into the chicken coop from the ditch to bring back a chicken. At least you don't have to buy the shells.

You also said that no way is the proper way. How about following the law. It really ticks me off when some yahoo has a sense of entitlement and will do anything to get a bird or animal.

Mish I apologize for the hijack. Any time you have a question about goose hunting feel free to PM me. I love to hunt geese and I think I do OK at it. I would love to help you out. Maybe I can even convince you to talk my wife into giving it a go.