Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Another question that was just answered from that site.
How does CWD spread?
Once again It is not known exactly how CWD is transmitted. The infectious agent may be passed in feces, urine or saliva. Transmission is thought to be lateral (from animal to animal). Although maternal transmission (from mother to fetus) may occur

After doing a day of research this is just my opinion
The more we test the more we will find. Just like cancer, and aids was not around 1000 years ago people would just die due to unknown reasons it was only found when testing was done recently. This is my only problem I have with the CWD topic. How can we be sure our deer and elk herds have not been with CWD for thousands of years if no one knows how or where it came from.
Mother nature works in drastic swings of population survival of the fittest. For example over population leads to disease, the sick and weak get killed by wolves winters etc etc. This is without human interference.

Maybe with the introduction of farming and human involvement these sick deer are living longer due to extra food less predators etc causing disease to spread instead of them dieing sooner.. Just thinking out loud here