Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Nope, it is not me that has the "woe to me attitude." I am not the one blockading roads and going on hunger strikes for an "idle no more" campaign. I am too busy supporting myself and family to have time for bs like that.

That is quite the 180 degree arse backwards accusation based on the topic of this thread. Tell me one single right or opportunity that I have and a native does not. Remember that my grandpa started out in a homesteader's cabin with nothing at all but a hard work ethic. I can list several rights that they have over me though. Leave out all the implied racism, jail, foster care, unemployed, and undereducated stuff though. Those are choices, not rights.

"They kicked those hard hats out many moons ago!!" lol. Then why am I still here.

OK just one opportunity you have that many natives don't--the opportunity to walk down the street without some spitting on you and calling you a stinking Injun.....or being the first one pointed at when something gets stolen...or getting a job where the foreman doesn't automatically expect you to fail. :-)

How does that sit with you? :-)