Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Zimmerman beig a neighbourhood watch has absolutely no authority to follow or ask anybody anything, you guys act as if a neighbourhood watch guy is a police officer or sheriff, it's basically a fancy title for wannabe rental mall cop who calls the police a lot, he was also told he didn't need to follow and did anyways, but he's off with it and I can live with that. But to come here and Demonize a young man and say good riddance to a human being is over the top for me, he wasn't just a black youth he was a youth, he wasn't just a black kid he was a kid, minus the pigment in his skin he was probably like a lot of us at that age, I know I wasn't the best kid and I had a record and I was arrested and would have probably failed a drug test, the rest of you guys are acting as if this is alter boys outdoorsmen and you never did anything wrong in your life.
You don't need any type of authority to follow someone and ask questions. It's not illegal. If he thought Trayvon was suspicious, he had every right to go to him and ask questions. Trayvon had no right to attack GZ and GZ was well within his right to defend himself.