Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Banned

Thanks catnthehat. I see your kindness towards me continues. According to the new rules of respecting others on the board you should be banned but because you are an internet sensation on here with over 20000 posts you won't and I probably will. I am merely stating facts that all of us already know. I'm not trying to start a fight just making a factual point about how horrible Alberta has become regarding game management and how Alberta residents are being screwed over time and again. Just the simple fact that everyone is continually pointing at landowners and bowhunters being the cause of the problem on this board suggests to me that no one has a clue. I and my family could have easily partaken in landowner tags for the last however many years that it has existed but chose not to simply because as a landowner even I believe it's wrong, but if outfitters can continue to bring foreigners in to make money for themselves on other people's land then why wouldn't I kill a deer every year. When CWD was running rampant it was dumb ssa Alberta residents and SRD, not landowners who were slaughtering everything. If it weren't for landowners there would be no deer left...period. This whole thing is a mess. An easy solution would be to cut tags way back and get off this ridiculous CWD crap that has never worked anywhere. Also, mule deer should only be hunted in this province by residents as there isn't enough to go around for your crooked outfitter buddies and the like, sorry. Alberta is trying to please everyone due to basing this on money generated and they are pleasing no one. What about the deer herds and what about the few residents that actually care????????????????? Many excellent points have been made on here and that's great but nothing will ever change for the better, history has proven that in Alberta.

I would love to get an answer to this one question though: Why do hardworking, tax paying Albertans have to wait longer to be drawn for mule deer but outfitters can get ridiculous amounts of tags putting us to the back of the line?....Anyone?