Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2014, 11:21 AM

Talking Anyone watch 'Wicked Tuna'? I want to go!!!

I would be down for that!!!

http://www.bigfishcharters.com/tuna_...FRBffgodwyoA8A
1/3 OF SALE PROCEEDS RETURNED TO CUSTOMERS: As with all tuna fishing charters in this area, giant tuna (over 73") belong to the boat. However, 6 ft+ tuna fish catch from off the Capewith the "Big Fish II" 1/3 of the money from the sale of the tuna is returned to you. Prices can vary on each fish depending on the amount of fat in the meat (The more the better), size, color, shape, oil in the meat, the position of Japanese yen to dollar and the supply and demand (number of other giant tuna caught that day). We have sold Blue fin Tuna for as much as $21,000 for one fish!! You get 1/3 of proceeds. We provide only top-notch tackle for Giant Tuna -- up to 6 top-quality tuna outfits are provided for your charter -- all 130 LBS. CLASS REELS on 130 lb. BENT BUTT RODS. Most other boats only provide 2 or 3 rods and your party must take turns waiting for a strike. We double your chances for a hookup and fish.

Most of our tuna fishing trips are done on Stellwagen Bank and Cape Cod Bay. This has been the hottest place for giant blue fins in the world for the last 30 years or more. Our blue fin tuna average 750 - 900 pounds with many over 1000 pounds and some over 1100 pounds. The current all tackle US record for giant tuna is 1228 pounds and was caught in our area.

Tuna fishing charters

Our largest Tuna in the last few years was 1,050lbs. but most were 700 to over 900 lbs. Best time for giant tuna fish is July, August, September, October and November. Experience is not necessary and we have had complete novices catch 1,000 lb. plus fish the first time. The average fight is about 2 hours per fish but the fight has ranged from 9 minutes to 6 hour

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....