Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 PM

Default poachers

so after watching a white tail buck for the last 3 months(a very heavy 5x5), and actively hunting him for 6 days I found him bedded with his doe today.

knowing the land he was on is off limits I left him be. decided to check a couple other spots that usually hold deer. found a couple small bucks and several does.none of interest to me. as I had a few things to do I headed back to town, the buck and his doe were still bedded just inside the fence, so still off limits to me.

came back a hour or so later to see a truck leaving the field next to where the buck had been bedded. as the owner of the field where the truck was in is a relative a quick call was made.no one had been given permission to drive in. the truck left the field at high speed and tuned down a dirt road that runs parallel to the field the buck had been bedded in. a second truck came in to the corner of the field and went straight to where the buck had been bedded. I waited for the second truck to come out, turns out it was the land owner, talked to him for a couple minutes and learned that they had asked for permission and were told no. noticed the truck on the dirt road had stopped, went over to chew them out for driving threw my relatives field.as did the other land owner.

after getting chewed out they admitted to shooting at the deer out of the truck as well and wounding it. to make a long story short the deer was not recovered, fish and wildlife were contacted, pictures of there hunting licences and tags were taken, as well as there licence plate. lets hope these guys are charged and prosecuted. its people like this that are ruining it for everyone.