Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearnDown View Post
Nobody ever said it can't be restricted. Theres already very clear laws in place regarding Outfitting, and its been made clear that Outfitter allocations are adjusted on a regular basis.

Do you have a "dream hunt" somewhere in the world? Colorado Elk Hunt? Yukon Moose Hunt? Alaskan Brown Bear Hunt? African Safari? Vancouver Island Cave Bear Hunt? What if that particular territory removed the privilidge of hunting their grounds?

Dude, I've hunted all over this province, every corner. I live in the south (Calgary) and hunt some areas that are very popular with Guides/Outfitters and also for Non-Resident Hunters that hunt without a guide, and Non-Resident Aliens that hunt without a guide. I've never once had a problem getting the animal (or birds) I'm after because of the efforts of an Outfitter in an area. I'm sure I've been denied access because an Outfitter is using Private Land... he got there first and got a better grade on his homework than I did. C'est Le Vie! It seems to me the only resident hunters that will ever be negativley effected by an Outfitters use of private land are those that don't do their homework, the guys that show up opening day (or the day before) and ask for permission, then get ****y when the landowner tells them an Outfitter is hunting it. The Outfitter probably showed up in June or July to speak the landowner, he's doing HIS JOB. If you want to hunt the same quality of land as he does DO YOURS.

Yes there are back door deals that go on, I don't know of any personally, but I can imagine like any other industry there will be those that break the rules, when they're caught they should be dealt with accordingly.

Why? The next thing will be some wanting to restrict how early we can get in there to start scouting...gotta make it fair for everybody right? Theres nothing wrong with the system we have, its not broke, don't fix it.

Its never been anybodys but ours. Theres entirley too many lazy hunters out there that blame their lack of success on anybody but themselves. If you didn't get your 150 Whitetail this year, don't blame it on an American that did. Theres lots of deer, lots of birds, lots of Elk and lots of land for us all to hunt, you just gotta get out there and get it!
Great statement Bearn Down. Well said.