Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Tough crowd. You get what you pay for. Would you expect your truck, quad, tires, boat motor, depth founder, fishing reel, rod, rangefinder or any other manufacturer of product to reimburse you for lost opportunity on a hunting or fishing trip or missed work when one of their products breaks down and wrecks your hunting trip or day at work too? What if your ammo or gun misfires. I think we need to be a little more realistic when we buy a budget scope and expect it to be as reliable as scopes that cost twice as much. For the most part the vast majority of vortex owners are happy with the product.
After talking to Vortex a few years ago about their product and its quality. That they would put their scopes up against any other manufacturer for quality and reliability. Yes I would ask them to do just what I have asked above. Especially after having failures of two of their manufactured scopes.
Only one way to build up customer confidence in their product is to put their money where their mouth is so to speak.

To answer your question yes I have had a car manufacturer pay for a trips expenses due to their known warranty issue with one of their trucks. They reimbursed me a couple grand for their issue.

Do I really expect Vortex or any other company to do so. Nope, but to be honest a good warranty is only good in the event that a unforeseen issue comes up. Should not be a common problem.
Build it right the first time, build it right for life.

As for buying a budget scope compared to others in price range. I remember the conversation with the Vortex Reps in Abbotsford a few years ago. We are offering at such a good price because we are new and trying to break into the market. We are offering a awesome warranty to provide customer confidence in a new product.

Considering all said and done I would love to write a review of their product and confidently say that they had a QC issue on initial production run of the scope model I had issues with now they have rectified those issues and I strongly recommend their scopes. At this point from their response written and verbal I doubt very much I will ever.
Saying if you have any further problems just send it back we will take care of it. Check out what we have in the near future coming out, it will lead the industry.
I know I am a nobody who in the industry, I also know that I what I have to say has little to nothing to do with how many scopes they will sell. But I personally would love to have their confidence of their product. Honestly I wont loose any sleep over It either. Deep down in side I would like to see them redeem themselves with me.
On to the price of the optic, if you sell it, you market it an you stand behind it. Why cant it work the way you advertise it?
For $1000 I don't think that is to much to ask. Considering what the actual cost to manufacture these scopes is.

Cheers.