Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
I doubt that I can walk or ride a horse my 80 Km commute to work, but thanks for the advice. The corporate arrogance displayed by your comment is typical of a essential industry. Maybe the City of Calgary should jack its water rates 20% for no reason and then tell us to drink out of a puddle in the gutter if we don't like it.

As much as I would like to see the pipelines built in this country, I can understand why people oppose them biased on their lack of trust of the oil industry. Running the price of gas up 10% over night is not a good way to gain that trust.
The difference is, food and water are biologic necessities of life. If you don't have them you will die. I don't think your body runs on oil. Besides with your 80km you could always move closer to work, no one forces you to live that far from your employment. I assume you live that far away for the lifestyle so you are making a conscious choice that results on your dependency on oil. You gotta pay to play bubba, no different than anything else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
Then walk or ride a bike so you don't get your butt hurt on
or buy a smart car instead of the big jacked up pavement princess of a truck 95% of truck owners have....lol