Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2018, 10:24 AM

Default Damage to truck roof in parkade

Long story short:
Took my truck to a detailing place in the basement of the parkade in 8th Ave Place. Sign says 6 foot, 11 inches. I stop to measure, look out my sunroof and I have 2-3 inches clearance... Perfect. Drive down to the 5th floor, just in front of the car detailer and I hear a nasty grinding, rubbing. I stop, stand on my running board to look and sure enough my roof is rubbing against the clamp on one of the pipes. I back up and try to avoid that clamp and move forward to where the detailers tell me to park and I hit another clamp, this one a bit lower.
I am fuming, discuss this with the car detailers which cannot hardly speak English. I then go up to talk to the person at the front desk of the building who gives me a name and number. I have been talking to him this week and he has been saying he will look into it. I have pictures, I explain to him that those clamps are no way 6 foot 11 inches and offer to take him down to show him exactly where this happened.
I received an email from him last night stating that if I haven't done so, to contact my insurance company...
Is he suggesting I go through my insurance and make a claim? I don't want to make a claim as I don't want my premiums to go up and this is not my fault.
I responded to him asking for an explanation on what they are going to do or if he is suggesting I make a claim through my insurance company... waiting for a response.

Any thoughts on what I should/need to be doing?

To those that are wondering, I drive a 2017 Ford 350. Stock tires and no lift kit...

Thanks,
SS