Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Banned

Default Let’s talk Cannabis

We have about 36 days until Cannabis is legal for everyone over the legal age to use. There are many grey areas that have not been put on paper yet and lots of new questions that no one can seem to answer.

For myself, even as a medical user there is nothing really on paper to tell me what I can and can’t do. For example, smoking in public places. As a medical user I can use cannabis where ever smoking is allowed but I rarely ever do and when I do I’m responsible about it. So what defines a public place you can smoke or vape at exactly? Your guess is as good as mine. What’s your thoughts on this ?

Regarding cannibis and the workplace.
Something has to change in regards to drug testing. The only thing people are talking about is people coming to work impaired all the time. Realistically and for many this is unlikely. My job is indeed a safety sensitive position and I use cannabis most every night. I am a mature adult with a family and bills to pay so being impaired on the job is not something I take lightly. I am always on time, never miss work nor have I ever hurt myself on the job. Basically my cannabis use does not effect my job at all. I just received another full year prescription from my doctor and I don’t plan on changing anything I do right now. Besides that fact drug screening is fairly simple to beat if you are wise. So what is the point unless someone is under the influence?

I feel the stigma around cannabis use is slowly shifting but not entirely. Just the other day while walking my dog one of my neighbors complained to me while I was using it. No kids were around or else I would have put it away. Anyways he says if he sees me doing it again he’s calling the cops. I politely said I’m a medical user and explained to him how people like myself can file a discrimination case with human rights if harassed too much. He didn’t have a reply but his face went red.

Anyways what are people thoughts on this topic good or bad let’s hear your opinion on everything cannabis