Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Until I brought it up there was not a single comment about the government, only people claiming how the Métis deserve nothing more than themselves. Another simple question to answer, listen carefully, the Métis would have nothing if the government Albertains elected didn’t give it to them. Is that clear enough or do the crayons need to come out. You came out hard at me saying the same thing as me. Of course it’s the government and not the Métis, who the heck would not accept what is given, do you take Medicare, unemployment benefits, old age pension, it’s been asked for and given

And that government is about to go buh bye. Primarily for the stupid decisions they've made in the past 3+ years. This was just another one of them.

As for the benefits portion of your statements, damn rights I'll take them all except UI. I paid into them. See any disparities there? I've also paid plenty into a "draw" system via multiple tags every year, AFGA, etc that if im lucky and start young enough, I may only get to use 2-3 times in my lifetime. See any disparity there? Some pay in to receive those "givens". Some on the receiving end do not.

This decision is a sham. A hunting zone for the privileged stretching from Sask to BC if your lineage is right. Some of the primest of the prime moose grounds, provided for some that were unhappy with only 160 miles in every direction from their settlements to hunt in. Thats how it should have stayed and any exceptions should have been only for people living full time in those settlements. This is not for subsistence hunting which I think we could all agree on. This is a perk. An appeasement. Plain and simple.